Markarth Guards are bugged!!!

#1nintendogamer13Posted 11/17/2011 10:28:18 PM
This is annoying. After doing the forsworn quest, and escaping the cidnha mines, the guards still attack me and i have no option to go to jail, its like the quest never happened and the game does not realize this. For instance, i will go to markarth, and then the guards will run to me, and say im under arrest, but i have no options except go to jail, but thats not possible because that quest is already done, so the conversation just loops over and over again until i cancel and then they immediately start attacking me. Its really annoying and now i cant do any quests in this city without sprinting from place to place to avoid swarms of guards, does anyone else have this problem.

Im thinking of recording it for people who haven't seen. Type "markarth glitch" in google and i have seen others have complained as well, so its a known glitch.

Avoid this quest!!! until it is fixed!!
#2VamphaeryPosted 11/17/2011 10:29:31 PM
Yes, it's a known bug. Only way to fix it is to kill the guards and then pay the bounty. If you can't pay, flee after leaving the temple until you can. Your crimes don't carry over to other Holds. Stay out of The Reach region until paying the bounty off.

Paying the bounty fixes it permanently.

They're aware of it and working on a patch.
---
Trolls always pretend not to understand the concept of a subjective opinion... or claim to understand it but just insult you for having one in the first place.
#3NuclearBoyPosted 11/18/2011 12:25:47 AM(edited)
I can't PAY the bounty because they won't LET me. Where else can you go to pay off your bounty in Markarth?

My character is stuck in an infinite loop with these guys and I have a bounty of 1040. It won't let me pay it off, they're stuck in the Cidna Mine Quest dialogue. I select "I submit. Take me to jail." Then they say "No one sees the sun in Cidna Mine. No one." And then. . . nothing happens. The next dialogue I select is "What's the problem?" and the entire thing happens all over again.

Just tell me if there's a way to remove bounties in all holds. Thieves Guild or something?
---
JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN JOHN FREEMAN
#4Sharth00Posted 11/18/2011 1:14:57 AM
Open the console and type "gotojail" when the guards bother you in Markarth. (Did it while they were trying to hack me down.) "paycrimegold" also pays your debt, but it left the guards as hostile to me.
#5NuclearBoyPosted 11/18/2011 1:17:25 AM
Not on PC, this is 360.
---
http://www.rainymood.com/ Enjoy your
http://endlessvideo.com/watch?v=HMnrl0tmd3k relaxing evening
#6RoldragePosted 11/18/2011 1:25:49 AM
Try looking for a bounty hunter in the region.
---
Life is overrated.
#7NuclearBoyPosted 11/18/2011 1:49:39 AM
Bump.
---
http://www.rainymood.com/ Enjoy your
http://endlessvideo.com/watch?v=HMnrl0tmd3k relaxing evening
#8VamphaeryPosted 11/18/2011 2:02:30 AM
You can pay the bounty. Kill the guards that attack you in the temple. Then exit the temple, and a guard will approach you and you'll have the option to be arrested or to pay your fine (or resist arrest... obviously you don't want to do that lol.)
---
Trolls always pretend not to understand the concept of a subjective opinion... or claim to understand it but just insult you for having one in the first place.
#9NuclearBoyPosted 11/18/2011 2:13:20 AM
No, I can't. The quest is done, it's finished, it's the second one I think I've ever done. I'm level 50 now and they haven't stopped trying to arrest me. There is no dialogue to pay the bounty. Does the Thieves Guild have anyone that can remove all the bounty in any hold?
---
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA!?!?!?!?!!?!?!?
#10RoldragePosted 11/18/2011 2:40:26 AM
NuclearBoy posted...
No, I can't. The quest is done, it's finished, it's the second one I think I've ever done. I'm level 50 now and they haven't stopped trying to arrest me. There is no dialogue to pay the bounty. Does the Thieves Guild have anyone that can remove all the bounty in any hold?

Just keep an eye out for bounty hunters, they'll remove a bounty in the region they're in (+ a small fee for their services).
---
Life is overrated.