I'm 25 hours into the game and I don't think I've seen a single Wood Elf

#1pro9b17Posted 11/18/2011 12:56:37 AM
Anyone else notice the lack of Wood Elves in Skyrim? And it's also very rare to see Khajits as well.
---
"Rock is OP, but Paper is fine." - Scissors
#2Ajd_KingPosted 11/18/2011 12:57:15 AM
Khajiit's are always outside cities, and there's a wood elf in Riverwood...
---
Official King of the Skyrim boards.
#3DevistroPosted 11/18/2011 12:57:25 AM
Faendal in riverwood
---
This is my world, a world filled with monsters. I wished for it.
#4TalentedMPosted 11/18/2011 12:57:33 AM
Seen both. Both actually within the first 3 hours of gameplay...
#5ChurchMouseHMPosted 11/18/2011 12:58:23 AM
wood elf are funny.. If you run around aimlessly , one will pop out and att you for no reason.
#6pro9b17(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 12:58:55 AM
Well, how many approximately? Three or four in the entire game? Are there cities that have lots of Khajit and Wood Elves, etc?
---
"Rock is OP, but Paper is fine." - Scissors
#7cloudvssquall88Posted 11/18/2011 1:04:27 AM
Yeah I was rather upset when i found out there are no wood elves you can marry. Both male and female.
---
Platinum FC: 0303 0950 2030
#8dex22Posted 11/18/2011 1:08:39 AM
Not really. The give each nation/setting of each major game its own character by giving it different demographics. It's also an effort to preserve the canon lore of the game. Every area has its history and background determining who lives there. Catwashing (like whitewashing) a nation far away from Elsweyr with a completely different climate and a history of little immigration compared to, say, Cyrodil wouldn't make any sense. I actually applaud them for doing this, and that's not just because I am a fierce activist against recognizing Khajit as an intelligent race. All they ever do is steal.

Looking back, I loved the feeling in Morrowind where you were in a very alien feeling land where most of the Dunmer were quite hostile. It gave the land a lot of character. Cyrodil, on the other hand, felt much more universally accepting and friendly because it has a much more diverse culture mix and Imperial architecture is much more familiar to what we know in the real human world.
#9Valmanways4EverPosted 11/18/2011 1:11:31 AM
I run into lots of wood elves. They all seem to die in painful ways though. It's probably because they're disgusting cannibals and some hero out there is purging Skyrim of them.
---
Get Blenderized!
#10TalentedMPosted 11/18/2011 1:11:48 AM
pro9b17 posted...
Well, how many approximately? Three or four in the entire game? Are there cities that have lots of Khajit and Wood Elves, etc?

There are a few wandering Kajit, wood elves are sprawled around and some are enemy hunters that will attack you in the forests. There aren't whole cities, no. But if I recall they really don't come from this region and most migrated and are facing oppression from the racist nords.

I doubt many live fruitfull lives.