What's the highest magicka cost spell?

#1brokenfingersPosted 11/18/2011 2:30:26 PM
I'm thinking of making a mage, but I kind of want to plan accordingly. No matter how useless the spell is, I want to be able to cast it without cost decreasers.
---
For me, that philosophy reduces itself to: "I'm on board; pull up the lifeline."--Ebert on Rand
#2brokenfingers(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 2:37:27 PM
Anyone?
---
For me, that philosophy reduces itself to: "I'm on board; pull up the lifeline."--Ebert on Rand
#3Dea7htrap-101Posted 11/18/2011 2:40:39 PM

I have no idea. I know that high level spells can cost up to 300 or so, but often you will get perks that will enable you to cast high level spells at half magicka cost.

#4SobaNoodlesPosted 11/18/2011 2:42:15 PM
When you make your mage perks decease the amount of mana you will need to cast a specific branch of magic. Plus you can add any enchanted items to further decrease mana usage.
#5Yamma_YordPosted 11/18/2011 2:44:28 PM
The highest cost spell I have costs me 360 magicka per cast but I have the perk to half it so without the perk it would be 720 magicka per cast....Wow, that's a lot now that I think about it...
---
"Iggidy aggidy ook eh eh Ziggidy zaggidy zook ah ah Oh oh pht ah ah frp Flippidy flappidy floop!" -The Greatest Being Ever Conceived.
#6ZombiehuggerPosted 11/18/2011 2:45:41 PM
Just what I heard, but I think some of the permanent atronarchs can go up to 580 or something like that. I can't say for certain, but someone on here mentioned that.
#7brokenfingers(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 2:46:29 PM
The highest cost spell I have costs me 360 magicka per cast but I have the perk to half it so without the perk it would be 720 magicka per cast....Wow, that's a lot now that I think about it...

Grergleflarb.

So they made a spell you HAVE to specialize reduction to even cast?
---
#8Yamma_YordPosted 11/18/2011 2:53:30 PM

Grergleflarb.

So they made a spell you HAVE to specialize reduction to even cast?

Pretty much. I took some enchanted armor off to get the base cost of spells (with the half cost perk) and the most costly one I have is 423 (846) magicka. I also looked into the permanent atronarchs and the highest one I have is 356 (712) magicka.
---
"Iggidy aggidy ook eh eh Ziggidy zaggidy zook ah ah Oh oh pht ah ah frp Flippidy flappidy floop!" -The Greatest Being Ever Conceived.