Dragon killed, but no soul

#1BazookaChinPosted 11/18/2011 2:58:12 PM
I just killed a randomly spawned dragon. But it didn't burst into flames and I didn't absorb its soul.

Whats going on? This happened to anyone else?
---
"I'm no hero. Never was. Never will be. I'm just an old killer."
GT: Bazooka Chin
#2BazookaChin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 2:59:49 PM
bump
---
#3holyhellpdbPosted 11/18/2011 3:00:29 PM
same here. did you click on the dragon before it burst into flames? that's where i think i screwed up.
---
For What Profit Is It To A Man, If He Gains The World, And Looses His Own Soul? By Lord Dracula Vlad Tepes (Castlevania)
#4fekkusuPosted 11/18/2011 3:01:10 PM
I've had this happen to me once before. I think it happens if you loot it too soon after it dies, like before it starts the whole combustion process.
---
I'm convinced you're either a troll or trying to convert people to pro-choice. - Melancton0
#5BazookaChin(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 3:01:34 PM
Not sure. I don't think so, I kinda stood back to watch the fireworks.
---
#6DreadnaughtXER0Posted 11/18/2011 3:03:54 PM
Was there anyone else fighting it with you? Or other animals like a bear or horse?

On 2 occasions ive had dragons attack the town I was in and it never landed, and being a 2H Axe user I didnt have arrows or magic to hit it with so while I waited the town guards shot it and killed it. I got no soul. Another time my horse and several animals attacked the dragon as it landed. When it died I got no soul and only the bear was alive and in that fight im pretty sure it died while i was about to attack again meaning the bear killed it.

So im guessing unless you get the final hit it wont count as you killing it. Maybe for you some stray guard or passerby shot it just before you hit it taking your kill
---
Disregard women.
Aquire shouts.
#7ish0turfac3Posted 11/18/2011 3:05:37 PM
Are you sure someone else (something) didnt get the last blow? Happened to me last night. Aela got the last hit on the dragon and I got no soul.
---
GT: ish0turfac3
Please tell me more while I'm sitting over here in my corner eating popcorn not giving a crap about your opinion.
#8eugene1222Posted 11/18/2011 3:05:50 PM
I dunno, never happened to me. Either you already got 40something dragon souls which are required for all shouts and stop getting them, or its just a glitch lol
---
Young master, i cannot aid one who opposes the master.
#9overkill_78Posted 11/18/2011 3:16:10 PM
If it was a random dragon, you may have killed it already. I read that after they respawn they don't give souls anymore.

Or it could just be a glitch, who knows?
---
Left 4 Dead: Virus (see, cuz virus starts with V, and V is spanish for 5) - Severspine
Gametag: Nevik overkill
#10VamphaeryPosted 11/18/2011 3:18:11 PM
There is a known bug where respawning dragons that spawn from specific points (the missions you're sent on to kill dragons at certain locations, etc.) don't give you souls after they die.

Guards or others killing them doesn't/isn't supposed to prevent soul absorption. I've absorbed souls from dragons other killed. It's a bug. They're aware of it.
---
Trolls always pretend not to understand the concept of a subjective opinion... or claim to understand it but just insult you for having one in the first place.