Nelkir is gone? (The Whispering Door quest)

#1dontneedanamePosted 11/18/2011 6:07:38 PM
*Small spoiler*

I think I might have screwed up by doing all the Stormcloak quests before doing this because I'm supposed to talk to Jarl Balgruuf's son Nelkir but since his family are no longer in Whiterun.... Nelkir doesn't seem to be anywhere in sight.
The map marker just keeps pointing me into the Dragonsreach dungeon, but there's nothing but guards in there.

Is this quest f*****, or is Nelkir somewhere else?

-
#2dontneedaname(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 6:16:18 PM
bump
#3dontneedaname(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 6:22:33 PM
bumperoni and...
#4tsunamizeroPosted 11/18/2011 6:29:02 PM
You might just be buggered, friend. Not only do you need to speak to the kid, but there is a key for that quest that is held only by the jarl or the court wizard.

There may be a work-around for it. The devs wouldn't remove quest necessary characters from the game due to another quest.........would they?
Look around the net for a walkthrough, I can't describe from memory where to find the door.
---
The apple may not fall far from the tree, but coconuts can cross oceans.
Gamertag: tsunamizero02
#5dontneedaname(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 6:33:56 PM
tsunamizero posted...
You might just be buggered, friend. Not only do you need to speak to the kid, but there is a key for that quest that is held only by the jarl or the court wizard.

There may be a work-around for it. The devs wouldn't remove quest necessary characters from the game due to another quest.........would they?
Look around the net for a walkthrough, I can't describe from memory where to find the door.

Well I would check the Skyrim wikia but they're still taking their sweet time to update the quests... so they're no help.

The Jarl and wizard aren't a problem because I can still find them... it's his damn kid that I can't find.
Did ANYONE complete this quest after doing all the Stormcloak missions?

-
#6jinteskaPosted 11/18/2011 6:37:10 PM
I have finished the stormcloaks and just finished this quest. I went and talked to the jarl which pointed that the children is still in dragonsreach. If you continue going left into the room past the stairs that leads to the dungeon there is another set of stairs that should lead to the kids...at least that's where they were for me.
#7dontneedaname(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 6:54:08 PM
jinteska posted...
I have finished the stormcloaks and just finished this quest. I went and talked to the jarl which pointed that the children is still in dragonsreach. If you continue going left into the room past the stairs that leads to the dungeon there is another set of stairs that should lead to the kids...at least that's where they were for me.

Thanks so much. You're right, I went down the wrong stairs.

-
#8HellfireangelPosted 11/19/2011 5:28:50 AM
Im sorry if the question is dumb but im new to both GameFAQs and Skyrim so could anyone tell me where is balgruuf because i dont get any dialogue lines connected with the quest from vignar
#9MythicOnePosted 11/19/2011 9:15:34 PM
if you did the stormcloak stuff for the civil war i believe he moves to solitude even though his kids are still in dragonsreach.
---
Every group of friends needs the dumb one. If your group of friends doesn't have a dumb one, it's probably you.