Fortify Enchanting and Fortify Alchemy

#1DomBomb1Posted 11/18/2011 7:51:59 PM
Anyone been able to get better then 22% Fortify Alchemy enchants or better than 28% Fortify Enchanting potions?
---
Every time I look in the mirror, I can't believe how awesome I am.
#2DomBomb1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 8:06:01 PM
Bump
---
#3PotentialCyborgPosted 11/18/2011 8:06:56 PM
Yes. Use three ingredients in the potion.
#4infinitexxPosted 11/18/2011 8:07:26 PM
25% is the base level of alchemy enchants with all the relevant perks and a grand soul, and you can loop between alchemy and enchanting to create increasingly powerful stuff.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#5KnuxtheTurtlePosted 11/18/2011 8:09:58 PM
Where did you get your fortify alchemy enchantment effect?
---
I don't understand what I'm supposed to put here. It says "signature", but I can't sign this...
#6DomBomb1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 8:15:55 PM
NOTE: All my information comes from the XBOX 360 version (as this IS the XBOX 360 forum), so if you're playing a different version and something different happens PLEASE NOTE THE VERSION YOU ARE PLAYING!

PotentialCyborg posted...
Yes. Use three ingredients in the potion.

MISINFORMATION! Using 3 ingredients does not give any higher % than using 2. Now, if you can identify a SPECIFIC set of 3 ingredients that DOES give more, that's a different story. But don't just say "Use three ingredients" as that does NOTHING in general.

infinitexx posted...
25% is the base level of alchemy enchants with all the relevant perks and a grand soul, and you can loop between alchemy and enchanting to create increasingly powerful stuff.

MORE MISINFORMATION! The base level of Fortify Alchemy enchants is 20% with all perks and a grand soul. The base level of (for example) Fortify DESTRUCTION enchants is 25% with all perks and a grand soul, so I can see how you might mess that up.

Also, as far as I can tell looping between alchemy and enchanting does NOTHING. With 4 pieces of +20% alchemy gear, you can make Fortify Enchanting potions that give 28%. Likewise, with 4 pieces of +22% alchemy gear, you can make Fortify Enchanting potions that give 28%. Perhaps if the bonuses were larger you COULD loop between the two ONCE. But that is not the case.
---
#7DomBomb1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 8:16:25 PM
KnuxtheTurtle posted...
Where did you get your fortify alchemy enchantment effect?

I got it from one of the blacksmiths randomly. Just check each of them, and if none have one, just wait a day or two and try again.
---
#8DomBomb1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 8:24:18 PM
Bump
---
#9DomBomb1(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2011 8:39:22 PM
Bump
---
#10infinitexxPosted 11/18/2011 8:46:45 PM
DomBomb1 posted...
infinitexx posted...

MORE MISINFORMATION! The base level of Fortify Alchemy enchants is 20% with all perks and a grand soul. The base level of (for example) Fortify DESTRUCTION enchants is 25% with all perks and a grand soul, so I can see how you might mess that up.

Also, as far as I can tell looping between alchemy and enchanting does NOTHING. With 4 pieces of +20% alchemy gear, you can make Fortify Enchanting potions that give 28%. Likewise, with 4 pieces of +22% alchemy gear, you can make Fortify Enchanting potions that give 28%. Perhaps if the bonuses were larger you COULD loop between the two ONCE. But that is not the case.

You're the one who is mixed up. I assure you, I have 100 enchanting, all relevant perks, and used fortify alchemy with no potions and a grand soul, and got 25% Smith/Alchemy equipment.

And you're certainly doing something wrong if you can't create infinitely powerful weapons, enchantments, and potions, because there are a great number of people who have done so successfully.

All on the 360 version mind you, though it does work on PS3 and PC as well.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.