Fortify Enchanting and Fortify Alchemy

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Fortify Enchanting and Fortify Alchemy
5 years ago#1
Anyone been able to get better then 22% Fortify Alchemy enchants or better than 28% Fortify Enchanting potions?
Every time I look in the mirror, I can't believe how awesome I am.
5 years ago#2
Bump
5 years ago#3
Yes. Use three ingredients in the potion.
5 years ago#4
25% is the base level of alchemy enchants with all the relevant perks and a grand soul, and you can loop between alchemy and enchanting to create increasingly powerful stuff.
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
5 years ago#5
Where did you get your fortify alchemy enchantment effect?
I don't understand what I'm supposed to put here. It says "signature", but I can't sign this...
5 years ago#6
NOTE: All my information comes from the XBOX 360 version (as this IS the XBOX 360 forum), so if you're playing a different version and something different happens PLEASE NOTE THE VERSION YOU ARE PLAYING!

PotentialCyborg posted...
Yes. Use three ingredients in the potion.

MISINFORMATION! Using 3 ingredients does not give any higher % than using 2. Now, if you can identify a SPECIFIC set of 3 ingredients that DOES give more, that's a different story. But don't just say "Use three ingredients" as that does NOTHING in general.

infinitexx posted...
25% is the base level of alchemy enchants with all the relevant perks and a grand soul, and you can loop between alchemy and enchanting to create increasingly powerful stuff.

MORE MISINFORMATION! The base level of Fortify Alchemy enchants is 20% with all perks and a grand soul. The base level of (for example) Fortify DESTRUCTION enchants is 25% with all perks and a grand soul, so I can see how you might mess that up.

Also, as far as I can tell looping between alchemy and enchanting does NOTHING. With 4 pieces of +20% alchemy gear, you can make Fortify Enchanting potions that give 28%. Likewise, with 4 pieces of +22% alchemy gear, you can make Fortify Enchanting potions that give 28%. Perhaps if the bonuses were larger you COULD loop between the two ONCE. But that is not the case.
5 years ago#7
KnuxtheTurtle posted...
Where did you get your fortify alchemy enchantment effect?

I got it from one of the blacksmiths randomly. Just check each of them, and if none have one, just wait a day or two and try again.
5 years ago#8
Bump
5 years ago#9
Bump
5 years ago#10
DomBomb1 posted...
infinitexx posted...

MORE MISINFORMATION! The base level of Fortify Alchemy enchants is 20% with all perks and a grand soul. The base level of (for example) Fortify DESTRUCTION enchants is 25% with all perks and a grand soul, so I can see how you might mess that up.

Also, as far as I can tell looping between alchemy and enchanting does NOTHING. With 4 pieces of +20% alchemy gear, you can make Fortify Enchanting potions that give 28%. Likewise, with 4 pieces of +22% alchemy gear, you can make Fortify Enchanting potions that give 28%. Perhaps if the bonuses were larger you COULD loop between the two ONCE. But that is not the case.

You're the one who is mixed up. I assure you, I have 100 enchanting, all relevant perks, and used fortify alchemy with no potions and a grand soul, and got 25% Smith/Alchemy equipment.

And you're certainly doing something wrong if you can't create infinitely powerful weapons, enchantments, and potions, because there are a great number of people who have done so successfully.

All on the 360 version mind you, though it does work on PS3 and PC as well.
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Fortify Enchanting and Fortify Alchemy

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived