College of Winterhold: The Midden Secrets (Minor Spoilers)

#1AvidGSoulPosted 11/20/2011 4:33:46 PM
Has anyone noticed the hand altar and the ritual circle in the Midden underneath the College? There is like an offering box and an altar on the ritual place, and then there's a hand with an oblivion sign on it and you can activate different fingers.

However, I'm clueless as to what either of the things do. Has anyone figured out the purpose of them?
---
Games Being Played: Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Civilization 5, Battlefield 3
#2AvidGSoul(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2011 4:37:34 PM
I've encountered them during the College questline, a few quests in. Didn't even know the Midden existed, nor the statues or whatever. They're really interesting.
---
Games Being Played: Elder Scrolls Skyrim, Civilization 5, Battlefield 3
#3darkmoney52Posted 11/20/2011 4:42:18 PM

Once you get a sigil stone (I got mine through a sidequest after maxing my conjuration skill) you can activate the alter. So far I've used it to make an atranoch scroll you get the recipe for in the midden. Still haven't found any use for the hand.

#4tommygun04Posted 11/20/2011 4:44:45 PM
in the college library there is locked chest with four rings in it, get those rings and put them on the hand

its all written in the journal you find down there....geez dont you people read the books and journals you find.
#5littlecletusPosted 11/20/2011 5:00:49 PM
The hand is a little task you can do, not really a quest.
On one of the tables in the same room is a key and a book.
The book tells you where to find 4 rings. You put the rings on the hand and something spawns in the room offering you a job....or you can kill it.

The thing with the offering box creates Atronachs.
Depending on what you put in....if you get thr recipe right, an Atronach will appear, and it will be hostile.
---
I aim to misbehave.