The Ebony Blade (from behind whispering door)

#1Jedi_AlfPosted 11/20/2011 4:48:55 PM(edited)
So im trying to upgrade it via forge like all teh rest ive done, but it's not letting me, is there a specific forge I have to use for this like skyforge or something?

Edit: its says strenghtened by the blood of deceit, does that mean generally killing the scum I run into ie bandits etc
---
In every set of eyes lay the ability to see the motives of which we inevitably get hurt by
#2banwontworkPosted 11/20/2011 4:53:59 PM
No it means murdering people. And once you do what the blade tells you to do, it doesnt get any stronger. You also probably cant upgrade it at a grind stone because you dont have the necessary perks. You need to have ebony smithing and the perk to be able to enchant magic items.
#3Necro_Fear89Posted 11/20/2011 4:55:46 PM
Where is this blade?!
I must have it!!
---
The Bird of the Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame.
#4Jedi_Alf(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2011 4:55:55 PM
banwontwork posted...
No it means murdering people. And once you do what the blade tells you to do, it doesnt get any stronger. You also probably cant upgrade it at a grind stone because you dont have the necessary perks. You need to have ebony smithing and the perk to be able to enchant magic items.

I have every perk in smithing though, including ebony, its a daedric weapon. hmmm ill go on a murder spree then, see if it helps.
---
In every set of eyes lay the ability to see the motives of which we inevitably get hurt by
#5Jedi_Alf(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2011 4:56:40 PM
Necro_Fear89 posted...
Where is this blade?!
I must have it!!

dragons reach, the enchanter in there has a key, pick pocket it and its a talking door near the basement.
---
#6hauntbotPosted 11/20/2011 4:57:13 PM
pretty sure you cant upgrade daedric artifacts at the grindstone, i was a master smith and couldnt do anything to the ebony blade.

you have to specifically kill people you have done favors for to strengthen it. people that like/trust you. easy way to check is if you can take food etc from their home without it being counted as stealing.
---
NV 4 LYFE!!!1111(not changing dis sig until fo4 comes out.... or my a.d.d. distracts me & i sig something stupid)
#7Jedi_Alf(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2011 4:59:07 PM
hauntbot posted...
pretty sure you cant upgrade daedric artifacts at the grindstone, i was a master smith and couldnt do anything to the ebony blade.

you have to specifically kill people you have done favors for to strengthen it. people that like/trust you. easy way to check is if you can take food etc from their home without it being counted as stealing.

makes sense, thank you
---
#8banwontworkPosted 11/20/2011 5:01:01 PM
hauntbot posted...

This is wrong. You don't need to kill friends. I went on a murdering rampage in dawnstar and got the blade "back to its full power"
#9Jedi_Alf(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2011 5:08:20 PM
banwontwork posted...
hauntbot posted...

This is wrong. You don't need to kill friends. I went on a murdering rampage in dawnstar and got the blade "back to its full power"

how do you know when its back to its full power? I just want the stats to improve like my others
---
#10banwontworkPosted 11/20/2011 5:09:44 PM
Jedi_Alf posted...
banwontwork posted...
hauntbot posted...

how do you know when its back to its full power? I just want the stats to improve like my others

This is what Ive been trying to say, it doesn't get any better when its back to power. You'll know when its getting close because the "whispering lady" will talk to you. She'll make comments like, "yes the tears of the deceit are strong" or something like that.