Best enchantments?

#1bretopherPosted 11/21/2011 1:55:01 AM
What's the best enchantments to put on your equipment for any type of build?
#2blacklabel357Posted 11/21/2011 1:56:12 AM
Depends on your playstyle and character, it would be worthless to put a fortify magicka on your character if you don't even use magic.
---
Xbox live gamertag - TheurgicWraith
#3FactionsJimPosted 11/21/2011 1:56:34 AM
Fortify Armortypethatyouwear, Fortify Weapontypethatyouuse are the key ones. Having some fortify magic resist/stam regen/carry weight for other slots is also nice.
#4Ubergrim3Posted 11/21/2011 1:57:50 AM
Well it sort of depends. If you want raw damage, then the elemental enchantments are great for extra oomph, but if you want survivability then absorb health or paralyze or something is great. For less killing and more avoidance, fear, banish and other repelling ones are useful.
---
"I can wire anything directly into anything! I'm the Professor!" - The Professor
#5bayo001Posted 11/21/2011 1:58:11 AM
well i go for the better sneak and archery stuff as in:
whatever ring - 13%better Sneaking
boots - #% better sneaking
gauntlets - #% better archery

that thieves guild Armor helps alot cuz of the increased capacity
---
Anti-Noob Fortress of Veteraness Member
any where you see "bayo", it may be me... xP
#6PapaRosario23Posted 11/21/2011 1:59:27 AM
You can put on enchantments that boost your weapon damage by 40% with maxed enchanting. These can go on up to 4 slots, so that's 160% bonus weapon damage. Very useful.
---
Your mother is so fat that the recursive function computing her mass causes a stack overflow.
#7PVTGREYPosted 11/21/2011 1:59:56 AM
If you're going weapons. Use the soul Steal (Bound I think) enchantment and another enchantment in tandem with Azura's Star.
---
I'm gonna tolerate and love the **** out of you.
Gamertag=PRIVATE GREY
#8bibfortuna25Posted 11/21/2011 2:00:14 AM
When will people realize that there is no such thing as "best" in this game?
---
Finding the Fiji Mermaid is like playing Calvinball. You can never do it the same way twice.
Please read the FAQs and stickies before asking questions.
#9bretopher(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2011 2:05:00 AM
bibfortuna25 posted...
When will people realize that there is no such thing as "best" in this game?

Maybe I just worded it wrong, but I'm asking for opinions. Not the absolute end all and be all, alpha and omega proven fact of what is the best. I just want an idea of what type of enchantments I'm gonna want to use.
#10pandaboschPosted 11/21/2011 8:36:27 AM
It kind of depends on if you're talking about armor or weapon enchantments.

I would say for weapons the elemental perks along with 5 in enchanter and twinsouls would get you the most damage. I would suggest Shock damage with Absorb Stamina because you're crippling mages and warriors while doing a lot of damage. Generally absorb enchantments are strong except when you're faced against a hardcore opponent where you can't absorb fast enough so don't jut get spammy with absorb health.

Then you should think about going for equipment enchants so 5 in enchanter and grab skill and stat perks then twin souls. Here optimal enchantments are more personal bias. Grab whatever you think will help.

An interesting enchantment is to put 25% cost reduction for whatever school of magic on 4 different pieces of equipment. You end up with 100% cost reduction for that school.

Also don't forget about making smithing and alchemy enchantments.