Atronachs vs dremoras vs zombies

#1James43090Posted 11/21/2011 4:08:54 AM
I have a question regarding which path to take on the conjuration tree. Between atromancy and necromancy, most people seem to favor the elemental potency perk and I can see it may be better than the other side. Although the other side has one less perk and has extended zombie summons and +100 health for your dead thralls or revenants. I hear a lot of people saying how atronachs become inferior late game and dremora lords seem to be big cheese.

Although I feel like necromancy is overlooked, I know at my level (45) that a chaurus reaper will tear through dremoras lords. Those are nice to conjure up. Some deathlords are conjurable too and are pretty badass. Also I believe the spell healing hands works on the human dead thralls which could be useful too. With all that said, is the atronach path still really worth it? How about you folks who have chosen either atromamcy or necromancy path, do you regret taking one or the other?
#2HypnoGPosted 11/21/2011 4:16:22 AM
I am doing the elemental path and I am enjoying it alot, I hope I am not missing out to much on the necromancy path
---
Yeah well I dont do maths but they're still different shapes when looking at them. I dont care about your stupid mathematical jargon.
#3Metroid_FanaticPosted 11/21/2011 4:20:13 AM
I am choosing the Dremora Lord path. Only things they have trouble with are Dragon Priests and Draugr Death Overlords.

They eat everything else for breakfast.

"A challenger approaches!"

Dremora kills "challnger" in one hit.

"There could be no other end but death...."

Never gets old.
---
Never 4get 5/13/07 Halo 3 Board. /b/,Mom,HOT POCKET,NerdAlert,Wednesday,Pics,Goodmood,Believe.
#4James43090(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2011 4:42:10 AM
So if all you are using is dremora lords then both paths really don't matter. I guess you'd take the necromancy path for one less perk right?
#5SyxxPakk6Posted 11/21/2011 4:47:04 AM
Necromancy would be great if you could alter their items on Perm raised pets. It gets old going to the corpse, adding items to corpse, raise corpse then hoping they equip the items.
Nice part is you can re-rez them if they die.. unless they get decap then you're screwed.. which seems to happen a lot to me.

I had a master Vampire raised though that was awesome and I had nice gear on him. Then he got blasted into the air by a Giant and died and I lost all the gear I had given him lol.
---
Gamertag - I S Y X X l | BF3 Battlelog - xI6ISYXXI6Ix
League of Legends: Trippi |Annie / Karma / Veigar / Morgana|
#6SyxxPakk6Posted 11/21/2011 4:48:26 AM
btw I took both paths because I generally have 1 perm Raised dead and then I use a Astro or Dremora Lord depending on the situation.
---
#7James43090(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2011 5:05:24 AM
Okay it seems like you use all these summons. I am running tight on perks. If you had to go one path or the other, which would you take? I feel like atronachs may be fine with out the 50% and zombies would be fine with out 10 levels of HP. Necro path still shorter though. Although it is more fun to use zombies, but is not required to take necro path to accomplish said fun.
#8SyxxPakk6Posted 11/21/2011 5:08:04 AM
Go Astro and you can still use Zombies the 100HP does help a lot if you want to keep the same one up for a long time though but if you want to just resummon zombies and not care about if they die fairly often then you can still use them w/o the necro perks.
---
#9Jenova Clone1332Posted 11/21/2011 5:08:24 AM
Here's your answer in short. It don't matter what you do in the game, as anything you choose will not stop you from beating every aspect of the game. Do whatever you enjoy. You could put 1-3 perks in every part of every tree and still beat the entire game, it wouldn't matter (may make it a tad harder but who cares you wouldn't be stopped from achieving win).
---
Gray would be the color if I had a heart.
The boy that you loved, is the man that you fear.
#10James43090(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2011 5:17:07 AM
Alright thanks for the input. I was curious on what everyone had to say. Necromancy seems to get pounded a lot and I wanted to try and point out a few good points.