How do you perform those finishing moves?

#1pro9b17Posted 11/21/2011 8:17:48 PM
Are they just random when you're fighting? Or is there a way to trigger them
---
"Rock is OP, but Paper is fine." - Scissors
#2pro9b17(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2011 8:24:20 PM
bump
---
"Rock is OP, but Paper is fine." - Scissors
#3SilentK88Posted 11/21/2011 8:26:41 PM
Random. Usually power attacks help. I think.
---
How do you live when your ruled by your past.
How can you let go of a past that made you.
#4zandreas6485Posted 11/21/2011 8:28:52 PM
I think you get them when you finish off an enemy with a critical hit.
---
Currently Playing - Skyrim and only Skyrim (for now)
GT: PlanetLaunchu
#5ShockWav3Posted 11/22/2011 12:55:37 AM
Are you sure?
---
"Since everybody here is deadset on not being intelligent, let me start things off."- SterlingFox
#6Gatekeeper999Posted 11/22/2011 1:08:58 AM(edited)
I'm almost positive that your first hit basically has to take all of their hit points away. For example;

You can do 300 points of damage with one hit.
You (sneak) attack a person or enemy with 100 Hit points and you'll automatically kill them with a animation kill

You attack someone that has 300 Hit points, animation kill.

Attack someone who has more hit points than you can deal out, then your going to have to take more than one strike to kill them.

I've experience this multiple times with a stealth character and can do this at will against an appropriate target. Animation kills work best when your target is standing.

Another example to back up my statements, I was having trouble with a Forsworn Briarheart at a camp. I managed to sneak up behind him and even with a Ebony dagger that does 50 damage I didn't get a instant kill animation (took a good chunk of his health though). Being a perfectionist against a tough opponent, I reloaded my save and equipped a pair of gloves that doubled backstab damage and a potion that increased my one-handed skills and got the throat slitting instant kill animation on my first try.