Can you join both the Legion and the Stormcloaks?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Can you join both the Legion and the Stormcloaks?
5 years ago#1
I know for mostly all factions in TES you can join all of them at the same time or most anyways. But I have wondered if you are restricted to one or the other in this situation for obvious reasons.

Besides since launch day I have put off doing either...I have not been able to figure out which I should join if I can only pick one. It seems like there is no real "bad guy" but it would seem from what I have heard so far I should join the Storm Cloaks. The whole Talos thing seems just to be me

PLEASE no spoilers or anything, if I can join both great.
5 years ago#2
i think you can join both but you have to go back and forth there is a no going back mission i think its 70% (roughly) through the respective lines
This topic has been closed by a Moderator or Administrator.
5 years ago#3
No, you can't join both.

However, from my understanding, note that I'm not positive on this, I think you can be on the Imperial side and still against the Thalmor. They are apparently completely separate quest lines.
Everything and nothing, heart and mind, fantasy and reality. These thing fly through my mind, driving me towards madness.
5 years ago#4
No...The other faction's questlines are closed out as soon as you start one or the other.
XBL Gamertag: Facetious T OSU
PSN: Facetious T
5 years ago#5
It's a war, how can you be for both sides?
I believe in Jesus, the son of God, the one way to salvation.
11/11/11: The day everyone lost their social lives
5 years ago#6
IMAYCAUSECANCER posted...
i think you can join both but you have to go back and forth there is a no going back mission i think its 70% (roughly) through the respective lines

I lost the quest saying to join the other faction once I joined the Imperials, so I thought you couldn't join both. Well, I know there is definitely a 'point of no return' near the end.
Everything and nothing, heart and mind, fantasy and reality. These thing fly through my mind, driving me towards madness.
5 years ago#7
Um, no. Its rather difficult to fight both sides of the same battle at one time.
Really whats the point to sigs, I mean its not like your going to read this pointless thing, oh wait, sorry.
5 years ago#8
No you can't. Whoever you choose, you'll be notified of the others' quest failing.

For example, I joined the legion and it said something along the lines of: "join the legion started, join the stormcloaks failed".
Currently Playing - Skyrim and only Skyrim (for now)
GT: PlanetLaunchu
5 years ago#9
I personally would like to kill the imperials, storm cloaks and most certainly the thalmor and shape Skyrim to my liking.
PSN: modblackastic
XBL: Mod Blackastic
5 years ago#10
Gamecrazyemploy posted...
I personally would like to kill the imperials, storm cloaks and most certainly the thalmor and shape Skyrim to my liking.

This.
---
W.W.M.R.D...What Would Malcolm Reynolds Do?
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Can you join both the Legion and the Stormcloaks?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived