Can you join both the Legion and the Stormcloaks?

#1projectpat72988Posted 11/21/2011 8:25:57 PM
I know for mostly all factions in TES you can join all of them at the same time or most anyways. But I have wondered if you are restricted to one or the other in this situation for obvious reasons.

Besides since launch day I have put off doing either...I have not been able to figure out which I should join if I can only pick one. It seems like there is no real "bad guy" but it would seem from what I have heard so far I should join the Storm Cloaks. The whole Talos thing seems just to be me

PLEASE no spoilers or anything, if I can join both great.
#2IMAYCAUSECANCERPosted 11/21/2011 8:27:11 PM
i think you can join both but you have to go back and forth there is a no going back mission i think its 70% (roughly) through the respective lines
---
This topic has been closed by a Moderator or Administrator.
#3Axels_BladePosted 11/21/2011 8:27:18 PM
No, you can't join both.

However, from my understanding, note that I'm not positive on this, I think you can be on the Imperial side and still against the Thalmor. They are apparently completely separate quest lines.
---
Everything and nothing, heart and mind, fantasy and reality. These thing fly through my mind, driving me towards madness.
#4facetious_tPosted 11/21/2011 8:27:42 PM
No...The other faction's questlines are closed out as soon as you start one or the other.
---
XBL Gamertag: Facetious T OSU
PSN: Facetious T
#5DrakoVongola1Posted 11/21/2011 8:27:58 PM
It's a war, how can you be for both sides?
---
I believe in Jesus, the son of God, the one way to salvation.
11/11/11: The day everyone lost their social lives
#6Axels_BladePosted 11/21/2011 8:28:29 PM
IMAYCAUSECANCER posted...
i think you can join both but you have to go back and forth there is a no going back mission i think its 70% (roughly) through the respective lines

I lost the quest saying to join the other faction once I joined the Imperials, so I thought you couldn't join both. Well, I know there is definitely a 'point of no return' near the end.
---
Everything and nothing, heart and mind, fantasy and reality. These thing fly through my mind, driving me towards madness.
#7kotor2242Posted 11/21/2011 8:29:17 PM
Um, no. Its rather difficult to fight both sides of the same battle at one time.
---
Really whats the point to sigs, I mean its not like your going to read this pointless thing, oh wait, sorry.
#8zandreas6485Posted 11/21/2011 8:30:43 PM
No you can't. Whoever you choose, you'll be notified of the others' quest failing.

For example, I joined the legion and it said something along the lines of: "join the legion started, join the stormcloaks failed".
---
Currently Playing - Skyrim and only Skyrim (for now)
GT: PlanetLaunchu
#9GamecrazyemployPosted 11/21/2011 8:37:47 PM
I personally would like to kill the imperials, storm cloaks and most certainly the thalmor and shape Skyrim to my liking.
---
PSN: modblackastic
XBL: Mod Blackastic
#10simkinvanyaPosted 11/21/2011 8:38:25 PM
Gamecrazyemploy posted...
I personally would like to kill the imperials, storm cloaks and most certainly the thalmor and shape Skyrim to my liking.

This.
---
---
W.W.M.R.D...What Would Malcolm Reynolds Do?