Grand Soul Gems

• Topic Archived
5 years ago#1
I have a stockpile of grand soul gems, 34 to be specific & have slaughtered every mammoth i can find, all giant camps are empty & i'm waiting for them to respawn..... *impatiently*

my question is this, are there any other Grand Soul Gem worthy creatures in Skyrim? if so where might someone commonly found them?

any help would be appreciated..... & yes i know about black soul gems, if someone knows of a good reliable way to acquire them that will satisfy my curiosity in the mean time
5 years ago#2
If you want a good supply of grand souls, get the Black Star from Azura's quest. It is a reusable black soul gem.

It should be noted that contrary to popular belief, the Black Star can hold any soul, not just that of humanoids.
5 years ago#3
Do the Azura Star quest (visit Azura's Shrine).

You have the option of either an infinite Grand Soul Gem or an Infinite Black Soul Gem.
1)The statement below is true
2)the statement above is false
5 years ago#4
I'd have to agree with getting the black star. Humanoids being always grand souls, are exponentially easier to find than grand soul "creatures."

Here is an incomplete listing of soul sizes - if you discover any sizes not listed feel free to add them!

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Souls#Souls_Alphabetically
5 years ago#5
Tiruas posted...
my question is this, are there any other Grand Soul Gem worthy creatures in Skyrim? if so where might someone commonly found them?

^^^ this.... i have azura's star, if you read the question, i also have 34 grand gems.... it's not soul gems that's the problem, it's FILLING those soul gems that's become difficult

for roleplaying & generally hating necromancer reasons, i did not chose black star

as i stated i'm not opposed to using black soul gems, but not sure where to find a large supply of them.... that's not the question i asked & certainly not helpful to what i'm looking for

& for those that want to nit-pick using black soul gems is not the same as corrupting a daedra's artifact & pissing her off
5 years ago#6
Yeah black star and legendary molog Bol's mace is epic win.
PSN: Mokmuud
5 years ago#7
All humans (Or argonians or kahjiits or whatever) are grand souls.
War... War never changes.
GT: BatMaNNed
5 years ago#8
i think mammoths are the only grand soul.

and sorry to butt in but who do you side for to get the black soul gem one?
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
5 years ago#9
Or is that only when you have the black star? Hell, I didn't start soul trapping until I had it.
War... War never changes.
GT: BatMaNNed
5 years ago#10
BirdManDirty posted...
All humans (Or argonians or kahjiits or whatever) are grand souls.

No they aren't .... those are black souls not grand

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived