Grand Soul Gems

#1TiruasPosted 11/21/2011 10:07:43 PM
I have a stockpile of grand soul gems, 34 to be specific & have slaughtered every mammoth i can find, all giant camps are empty & i'm waiting for them to respawn..... *impatiently*

my question is this, are there any other Grand Soul Gem worthy creatures in Skyrim? if so where might someone commonly found them?

any help would be appreciated..... & yes i know about black soul gems, if someone knows of a good reliable way to acquire them that will satisfy my curiosity in the mean time
#2Dark_ApostatePosted 11/21/2011 10:10:15 PM(edited)
If you want a good supply of grand souls, get the Black Star from Azura's quest. It is a reusable black soul gem.

It should be noted that contrary to popular belief, the Black Star can hold any soul, not just that of humanoids.
#3factsPosted 11/21/2011 10:08:56 PM
Do the Azura Star quest (visit Azura's Shrine).

You have the option of either an infinite Grand Soul Gem or an Infinite Black Soul Gem.
---
1)The statement below is true
2)the statement above is false
#4SnipinrichguyPosted 11/21/2011 10:11:14 PM
I'd have to agree with getting the black star. Humanoids being always grand souls, are exponentially easier to find than grand soul "creatures."

Here is an incomplete listing of soul sizes - if you discover any sizes not listed feel free to add them!

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Souls#Souls_Alphabetically
#5Tiruas(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2011 11:35:03 PM
Tiruas posted...
my question is this, are there any other Grand Soul Gem worthy creatures in Skyrim? if so where might someone commonly found them?

^^^ this.... i have azura's star, if you read the question, i also have 34 grand gems.... it's not soul gems that's the problem, it's FILLING those soul gems that's become difficult

for roleplaying & generally hating necromancer reasons, i did not chose black star

as i stated i'm not opposed to using black soul gems, but not sure where to find a large supply of them.... that's not the question i asked & certainly not helpful to what i'm looking for

& for those that want to nit-pick using black soul gems is not the same as corrupting a daedra's artifact & pissing her off
#6mokmuudPosted 11/21/2011 11:37:33 PM
Yeah black star and legendary molog Bol's mace is epic win.
---
PSN: Mokmuud
#7BirdManDirtyPosted 11/21/2011 11:37:58 PM
All humans (Or argonians or kahjiits or whatever) are grand souls.
---
War... War never changes.
GT: BatMaNNed
#8Max58201Posted 11/21/2011 11:39:23 PM
i think mammoths are the only grand soul.

and sorry to butt in but who do you side for to get the black soul gem one?
---
I just wanted to raise his affection, NOT have him lick my nipples
#9BirdManDirtyPosted 11/21/2011 11:39:41 PM
Or is that only when you have the black star? Hell, I didn't start soul trapping until I had it.
---
War... War never changes.
GT: BatMaNNed
#10Tiruas(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2011 11:42:14 PM
BirdManDirty posted...
All humans (Or argonians or kahjiits or whatever) are grand souls.

No they aren't .... those are black souls not grand