Smithing, enchanting, and alchemy glitch

#1slayed_12Posted 11/22/2011 5:49:31 PM
Every time I go up to smith, whether it be use the grindstone or smelt or forge, enchant, or create a potion it doesnt let me. Ill push 'a' but the menu won't pop up at all. I've tried reloading my saves, but I guess it happened before my furthest back save. Has this happened to anybody else?
---
Brawl FC:3524-6558-3664 Name: Slaya
Pikachu 4 Prez
#2TiruasPosted 11/22/2011 5:52:06 PM
This may seem like an odd suggestion but try mining an ore vein uninterrupted and see if it fixes
#3slayed_12(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2011 6:00:03 PM
Oh wow. For some reason that fixed it hahaha. Thanks a lot!

And damn. Thanks for posting. This board moves so fast my topic was on the second page after one refresh. I guess it's good cause it weeds out all of the troll posts

Thanks again
---
Brawl FC:3524-6558-3664 Name: Slaya
Pikachu 4 Prez
#4TiruasPosted 11/22/2011 6:02:28 PM
Np
#5TiruasPosted 11/22/2011 6:13:04 PM
If i had to guess what happened is you tried to do some mining near a combat area & you were attempting to do it while sneaking to get out of combat.

or at least that's what triggered this glitch for me

reload would not fix it, the PC was stuck in a "sneak-like-mode" for me, she was hunched over as if sneaking, but wasn't sneaking & was in plain sight of all NPCs..... also if i tried to run she would execute a 'silent roll' forward, which is interesting, b/c i don't have ANY sneak perks..... any attack attempts would be 'sneak attack' attempts, but didn't do any extra damage because i wasn't sneaking

basically it stuck me in ultra gimp mode & i had to kill a Forsworn Ravager & a Forsworn Briarheart..... in U.G.M. that..... was a tough F'n fight. i knew what glitch you had because i tried to fix it at a nearby alchemy lab & had similar results to you.... lost that fight many many times & tried to reload out of frustration.... to no avail

if you could not find an ore vein to straighten out your character it would have been gamebreaking..... very glad i had the knowledge of situation & coincidentally read your post so i could help..... that is indeed a frustrating as hell glitch