[MAJOR Spoilers] Best DEAD THRALLS of Skyrim: Who's your co-pilot(s)?

#301archerthearcherPosted 12/9/2011 2:58:30 PM
The Ritual Stone is NOT a permanent effect, sorry for the misconception. It lasts about two minutes as near as i can tell, and i haven't noticed a level cap (though i am only level33 atm). It effects both people and creatures, i'm going to experiment more on the creatures side and level cap soon. Also going to look for glitches making it permanent/ longer lasting. But not too hopeful about that =/

@Noobastsank
Thanks for the tip ill do that from now on lol

@Seth_William
These mercenaries are part of a random, recurring (near as i can tell) world encounter. They can be found ONLY on roads, and you must be at least lvl 5 for it to occur

In other news, i may have found an additional factor in the loss of decorations er.. bodies... recently. The world interaction "grave digging" is when: "Residents of city's bodies may be disposed of, and any worldly goods you didn't loot from their corpse show up in their coffin at the hall of the dead." Prerequisites are that: "Leave a civilian's corpse lying around a city and come back later". Although not all of the thralls fall under the "civilian" category (idk what constitutes a civilian in the game coding) it may explain why some bodies disappear. Most likely targets from the Dark Brotherhood Quests. Worth checking out the hall of the dead next time you friends.. uhh bodies... disappear.
#302stimuzPosted 12/9/2011 5:08:19 PM
doujinftw posted...
stimuz posted...
noobastank posted...
i doubt that the ritual stone is permanent, if it was then this thread would be pointless....

anywho, i read that some npc's have better ai, such as orchendor. cant remember which page, so are northwatch guard's AI good too?

i also agree dual wield thralls have the highest dps, but i find that giving them life drain weapons are too much work, with charges 70+, when it runs out, youll have to kill them, take weapon, recharge, return weapon, repeat, if your'e a really a warfreak, then youll get tired doing this over, and over(i did), i just replaced the weapons with fiery soul effect(3,000+ charge, if im not mistaken).

btw, archerthearcher, if you want to add/change something, click message detail and click edit post...

You can give your pets soulstones and soul steal enchant and they'll refill their own weapons. Well, they refill their mainhand pretty often, always 70-90% everytime I check.

if only there a merchant that sell grand soul gem in bulk it would help A LOTS

I just gave each of them 40+ mixed greater/lesser/petty and gave my follower the black star.
#303The moonlight knightPosted 12/9/2011 6:34:38 PM
I hope some day we can find a glitch that lets dead thrall affect creatures.

Or at least a glitch that increases its power to it can affect any level.
---
I am snazzier, hot, hot rant. Warily slight as.
Croak rush, OK? Weirder, almighty make out. ::)
#304HolySafariPosted 12/10/2011 12:08:02 AM
if you are on pc there is a mod for it
you can thrall anything any level
#305dexter1984Posted 12/10/2011 2:08:42 AM
Holy crap, I just entered my house in Whiterun and all my dead thrall corpses were standing up and fighting each other! Had to summon Dremora Lords to kill them, again.

http://imgur.com/a/ZZjGZ
#306noobastankPosted 12/10/2011 3:58:37 AM
You can give your pets soulstones and soul steal enchant and they'll refill their own weapons. Well, they refill their mainhand pretty often, always 70-90% everytime I check.

i did not know that.. thanks for the tip... this will give me a new approach to the game.. but still the game can be beat with two dremora lords, dead thralls even more so..... even, even more so with a fully enchanted thralls... makes me think they'd get nerfd at one point
by upcoming patches....(then again AI of thralls has a master difficulty, LOL)

spoilers??

To some players, let me warn you that there some areas in the main quest that you can not bring your thralls/follower. You might be disappointed that you've super pimped your thrall only that he/she gets left out for an epic moment in the game for your character. maybe some explorers can point out other places that forces a player to go in alone....

Also got a feeling that when DLC's come out(totally based on FO3, FO:NV DLC'S)
you won't be able to bring your companions/thralls.. so there....;P
#307The moonlight knightPosted 12/10/2011 8:16:25 AM
if you are on pc there is a mod for it
you can thrall anything any level

If I were on the PC I wouldn't be here. >_>
---
#308nebilim_ToSPosted 12/10/2011 8:20:32 AM
They are kind interesting but i have to babysit them all the time because if i lose them out of sight, it run the risk of disappearing. I'm using that sex naked butchered gal from windhelm.
---
In the real world, the only available ending is death.
White FC:1334 6901 1975 / PSN:Nebilim_
#309The moonlight knightPosted 12/10/2011 8:25:02 AM
When outside, I've jumped down or climbed mountains and such and just said screw you, thrall, figure it out on your own, and almost always they do eventually find their way back to me.
---
#310nebilim_ToSPosted 12/10/2011 8:28:25 AM(edited)
Yeah, problem is if they find a strong enemy and your thrall isn't very strong... I just use the wait feature.

They are somehow buggy too. Sometimes they keep saying NPC lines and respawn all their equipment.One time my archmage thrall even changed sex after i got released from prison lol.
---
In the real world, the only available ending is death.
White FC:1334 6901 1975 / PSN:Nebilim_