Menu Lag

#1DarkMelangePosted 11/22/2011 11:50:55 PM
Apparently there were some of us experiencing horrendous menu slowdown/lag whatever you want to call it. I could not access the favorites/o button menu in combat without it freezing for 4-6secs every other battle it seemed and the skillup menu was just attrociously slow at moving, not to mention I could not get to the diagnol skills at all.

What I did notice was that my bro (who has his own 360 and a copy of Skyrim) was experiencing ZERO menu lag. Granted his xbox was quite a bit newer then mine but still mine isn't exactly release bought either. Long story short he ended up buying the grey controller with the adjustable d-pad which is what I myself bought today (so I could finally try fighting games for once on the 360, couldn't block at all reliably in SFII and cause my right analog on old controller was pissing me off as it moved whenever it wanted making lock picking a chore).

And lo and behold...I too have ZERO lag now. How weird is that? My old white controller was to blame? That's so odd. People please try this out and see if It'll solve your menu lag because I know its a horrible mar on an otherwise excellent release.
#2charon78auPosted 11/22/2011 11:53:51 PM
I've got a 4 week old slim 360 console. I get the menu lag occasionally. Especially when it does the menu triggered autosave. Even though I can enter the menu sometimes after entering a cell and use it just fine whilst it's doing the cell entry triggered autosave.
#3DarkMelange(Topic Creator)Posted 11/22/2011 11:59:53 PM
Well I can tell you that for those of us that were experiencing menu lag that turning off the menu save option does nothing. I have it set to off now anyways since autosave and menu save is totally redundant.
#4chank_itPosted 11/23/2011 1:45:54 PM
Interesting. My 360 is one of the newer ones as well. I've been experiencing menu lag like crazy. However, I've been using an old controller to play the game. I do own the newer silver controller that you mentioned. I will test it out in a few hours & let you know what happens. Hope it works. Tired of that lag junk!
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#5phoenix8257Posted 11/23/2011 1:48:55 PM
Yeah, the menu lag is a bummer. It's not just the occasional 4-6 second lags either, it's needing to press a button 2 or even 3 times when selecting items, dialogue options, etc. Hopefully it gets patched.
#6chank_itPosted 11/23/2011 5:33:43 PM
I just tried the new silver controller that the TC mentioned. So far I have experienced no more menu lag. Very strange that the controller would make a difference.
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.9
#7darkentityPosted 11/23/2011 5:40:28 PM
DarkMelange posted...
Apparently there were some of us experiencing horrendous menu slowdown/lag whatever you want to call it. I could not access the favorites/o button menu in combat without it freezing for 4-6secs every other battle it seemed and the skillup menu was just attrociously slow at moving, not to mention I could not get to the diagnol skills at all.

What I did notice was that my bro (who has his own 360 and a copy of Skyrim) was experiencing ZERO menu lag. Granted his xbox was quite a bit newer then mine but still mine isn't exactly release bought either. Long story short he ended up buying the grey controller with the adjustable d-pad which is what I myself bought today (so I could finally try fighting games for once on the 360, couldn't block at all reliably in SFII and cause my right analog on old controller was pissing me off as it moved whenever it wanted making lock picking a chore).

And lo and behold...I too have ZERO lag now. How weird is that? My old white controller was to blame? That's so odd. People please try this out and see if It'll solve your menu lag because I know its a horrible mar on an otherwise excellent release.

The only lag I have, is where I have to sometimes wait a few seconds before I'm allowed to navigate through the menus. After that, everything is fine. That's still good to know though.
---
once something becomes semi-popular the more "hardcore" fans have to find reason to show they are bigger fans than the average person.