breton thief?

#1lostcodyPosted 11/24/2011 7:59:48 AM
i plan on making a breton thief
but before i do so i have a few questions.
1.are any of the races beter at archery then another?i know the wood elf starts out with +10 archery but thats just a stat,im talking about like beter range with bows or mroe damge?
2.for a thief i keep hearing about bow/dagger build,theres perks for just daggers?
3.are there rapiers in this game?(just have a thing for using rapiers.......dont judge)
4.and any additonal info on archery/stealth would be welcomed.
thank you
#2lostcody(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2011 8:03:50 AM
also what is the max lvl?
like at what lvl do i stop putting points into HEALTH-MAGICKA-STAMINIA.
#3infinitexxPosted 11/24/2011 8:07:03 AM(edited)
1) No
2) There's one perk that is dagger specific, and it is unreasonably strong
3) No
4) Sneak is absurdly powerful, work on getting Illusion and Quiet Casting Invisibility if you want a way to augment it.

81 is max, won't get there without cheating most likely.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#4MadEvilPosted 11/24/2011 8:06:41 AM
1. You will make up any differences in starting stats by use alone.

2. Yes, specifically in the Stealth tree.

3. Not that I've seen.

4. Work illusion magic as a secondary. It'll help you sneak, and thin ranks with spells like frenzy/calm.
---
Cohost a gaming podcast. We're Gamers Riot and we're on iTunes (or at gamersriot.com) I write for the site & handle all the twitter and fb stuff. @GRpodcast
#5SczoydPosted 11/24/2011 8:09:43 AM
lostcody posted...
i plan on making a breton thief
but before i do so i have a few questions.
1.are any of the races beter at archery then another?i know the wood elf starts out with +10 archery but thats just a stat,im talking about like beter range with bows or mroe damge?
2.for a thief i keep hearing about bow/dagger build,theres perks for just daggers?
3.are there rapiers in this game?(just have a thing for using rapiers.......dont judge)
4.and any additonal info on archery/stealth would be welcomed.
thank you

1. Nope, a Breton thief is fine.
2. There is a perk to get a stronger sneak attack with daggers. If you don't like daggers, you can get by with a sword.
3. I haven't come across any.
4. uh... it's fun? I don't know.

I think you can get to level 100, but I'm not sure.
---
[Evil Republican]
#6KoHfamPosted 11/24/2011 8:13:18 AM
lvl 81.
---
Just my .02.
CatAtomic999 - Bruce Wayne is the sort of guy who eats his broccoli, and eats it raw.
#7lostcody(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2011 8:15:25 AM
thanks=p
so theres no diffrence for stealth other then starting stats-got it.thanks
ok i will have to look into daggers now
makes me sad but o well
thanks for the info guys=p

ok thanks
and sorry for all the questions
just got here from playing dark souls where you have to know where every point goes
so im a little paranoid,and i think the "free" form of lvling system scares me.
dammit dark souls
#8Darth StalinPosted 11/24/2011 9:06:12 AM
wow, making a breton thief might just be a good idea. I was still thinking of what class to use b/w wood elf and maybe imperial for realism for my next character. But they have the worse special abilities. And I hate the way dark elves look in this game so they weren't too much of an option for me.
---
Darth Stalin- Bow down before the man of steel !!!!
Gamertag- Cruxis Mithos