Can you pickpocket your gold back from trainers?

#1MitsurugisanPosted 11/25/2011 6:06:41 AM
I was leveling pickpocket in the hopes of stealing my gold back once I have trained with someone. But I noticed something just a moment ago.... I trained in archery and i tried to steal my gold back and it said 0% chance of stealing it back. :(
#2jammymacsterPosted 11/25/2011 6:07:56 AM
the more gold it is the more difficult it is to steal. higher Pickpocket skill and perks helps with it.

If the trainer can be made a follower though you can simply tell them to follow you, train your skills with them and then take the gold back through the trade interface.
---
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." - Peter Molyneux
#3rrhammerPosted 11/25/2011 6:10:26 AM

The workaround for that is to get a follower who is a trainer. Then you just take the money back and train again. But i suppose there may be skills that you can't do that with. I wouldn't mind an answer for that myself.

#4Mitsurugisan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2011 6:12:15 AM
which trainers follow you?
#5PapaRosario23Posted 11/25/2011 6:13:02 AM
Or...you could actually, you know, pay for your training.
---
Your mother is so fat that the recursive function computing her mass causes a stack overflow.
#6jammymacsterPosted 11/25/2011 6:16:51 AM(edited)
Mitsurugisan posted...
which trainers follow you?

If you're still interested in training archery I know Faendal in Riverwood trains it and can be made a follower. You just have to complete a very short quest for him in his favour. He is only a common level trainer though so will only train up to 50.

SLIGHT SPOILERS

There is also Aela the Huntress who is an Expert level trainer but you have to complete the Companions quest line to be able to get her to follow you.
---
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." - Peter Molyneux
#7Mitsurugisan(Topic Creator)Posted 11/25/2011 6:16:31 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#8jammymacsterPosted 11/25/2011 6:18:11 AM
Just came across this.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Followers#Follower_Trainers
---
#9PapaRosario23Posted 11/25/2011 6:19:01 AM(edited)
^You should delete or edit that post before someone marks it.

Edit: Talking to Mitsu
---
Your mother is so fat that the recursive function computing her mass causes a stack overflow.