Thieves guild armor

#1Manifesto316Posted 11/26/2011 2:18:31 PM
Is there somewhere to get more thieves guild armor? I sold mine and I was reading that I need it in order to get the "One with the Shadows" achievement.
---
Live - ButterDumpster
PSN - MechaGestapo
#2B_COWPosted 11/26/2011 2:24:14 PM
Saw this posted elsewhere. But it would be much easier to just restart and do the thieves guild right off the bat. Or maybe plant some better armor in a thieves guild members inventory, so he unequips his and then just pickpocket those.

"This is for those who sold the armour needed to finish this, or can otherwise not get hold of it (others can simply ignore this post):

The savegames on the Xbox 360 are compatible with those on the PC if you know what to do. That means that you can use a PC version to add the items via console commands.

I wasn't so lucky as to have a PC-version, but a friend of mine does and eventually we got it working.

1.) Configure a USB stick/hard drive on the Xbox so that you can save files on it.
2.) Place the Skyrim save file on it
3.) On the PC, obtain a program named "Xplorer":
http://digiex.net/attachments/downloads/download-center....zip
4.) Open the USB device in Xplorer
5.) (This is what I did, there may be other options but this definitely works) Select "Backup -> Dump Drive" to extract all files (read: Your savegame) to a folder on your computer
6.) You now have a file named [name].exs. You're almost there! Download modio:
http://www.wupload.de/file/46501092/Modio_3.0.zip
7.) Open the .exs in Modio and in the "File Contents" tab, extract the savegame.dat
8.) Rename the savegame.dat into [anything].ess
9.) Put it in the save game directory of Skyrim (I can't help you there, like I said, I don't have a PC version)
10.) Load the savegame and use any one (or all) of the following commands:
player.additem d3ac2 1
player.additem d3ac3 1
player.additem d3ac4 1
player.additem d3ac5 1
This adds the armour to your inventory.
11.) Save the game (duh)
12.) Rename the savegame to savegame.dat
13.) Back in modio, load the .exs and replace the savegame.dat with the save file you just renamed, then click "Rehash and Resign" in the "General File Info" tab.
14.) Back in Xplorer, find the folder where the save files are (for me it was Data Partition/Content/E000002B48B80E98/425307E6/00000001, but there's not much to choose from anyhow) and just drag the new and improved .exs in there. If that doesn't work, rename it so that nothing is overwritten. The name of the save game is saved separately from the file name anyway.
15.) Plug the USB stick back into the Xbox and transfer the save game (unless it's corrupted, in which case don't bother)
16.) Success!

I tested it, it most certainly works if you do everything right. Admittedly, this is not how to get the achievement but nonetheless it helps you to not have to replay who knows how many hours of the game (in my case, about thirty) just to get this.

A few things I noticed while doing this:
-Xplorer works just fine on Linux via Wine. However, modio does not.
-These save files get pretty huge.
-The thumbnail for the savegame gets mangled when switching systems (both ways), they still work though."

---
Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled.
#3Manifesto316(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2011 2:51:34 PM
There really isn't just somewhere I can buy/steal some without having to go through all that trouble?
---
Live - ButterDumpster
PSN - MechaGestapo
#4B_COWPosted 11/26/2011 3:57:24 PM
Read the top of my post, not sure if it works but ts worth a shot. Or maybe you can kill one and take it
---
Some people say cucumbers taste better pickled.
#5infinitexxPosted 11/26/2011 3:57:49 PM
B_COW posted...
Read the top of my post, not sure if it works but ts worth a shot. Or maybe you can kill one and take it

Doesn't work.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#6Manifesto316(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2011 7:34:34 PM
Ok I'll try the armor swap and hopefully that will work because I would really rather not do that all over again for something stupid like this. Thanks for the help.
---
Live - ButterDumpster
PSN - MechaGestapo
#7Guillermo55Posted 11/26/2011 7:37:58 PM
No workaround currently. NPC's have NPC only armor. We're all waiting for the patch, yatta yatta yatta.
---
http://i.imgur.com/2JZtq.jpg http://i.imgur.com/cm8Fy.jpg http://i.imgur.com/kvK4g.jpg http://i.imgur.com/5vPpu.jpg
#8Reel_Big_MikePosted 11/26/2011 7:41:01 PM
I don't think you don't need the thief armor for the one with the shadows achievement. Just follow this guide:

"One with the Shadows - 30
Returned the Thieves Guild to its former glory

In order to get this achievement you have to do enough side missions (and then a main mission for each of the 4 major cities) for the Thieves Guild, namely Delvin and Vex, so you can restore the Thieves Guild to its former glory. It’s basically a matter of doing a set of mundane jobs throughout the cities of Skyrim until the guild catches someone’s eye there, then doing the main mission in that city. There’s a lot of tooing and froing to be done here, so don’t say you haven’t been warned – remember as well, pick two missions up at a time (one from each Delvin and Vex) and then drop them off two at a time.

By my reckoning, you have to do around 40 smaller quests overall (well, that’s how many I did), as well as 4 bigger quests in the 4 major cities (not Riften) – these 4 missions will be given to you while you do the smaller quests at various intervals. It’s 350 gold a mission to start with, 400 later on and they are quick and relatively easy (except the Bedlam stuff), but yes, it’s boring as sin!

The types of mission are:

Delvin:
The Numbers Job – forge a specific ledger.
The Fishing Job – pickpocket a specific item.
The Bedlam Job – steal 500 gold of goods from one city.

Vex:
The Burglary Job – steal a specific something from someone’s house.
The Shill Job – plant a specific stolen object in someone’s house.
The Sweep Job – steal a series of specific valuable items from someone’s house.
The Heist Job – steal from a shop.

Then you’ll have to do the following quests in each city:

- Imitation Amnesty – Whiterun.
- Silver Lining - Markarth.
- Windhelm – Summerset Shadows
- The Dainty Sload – Solitude

Then finally:

- Under New Management – Speak to Brynjolf to start this bad boy when you have done the other 4 main quests."
#9Manifesto316(Topic Creator)Posted 11/28/2011 3:54:40 PM
Ok thanks for the help, but where do I get those other quests from? I've done the missions for Vex and Delvin but I don't know where the other ones are.
---
Live - ButterDumpster
PSN - MechaGestapo
#10TheMetalWombatPosted 11/28/2011 11:14:18 PM
B_COW posted...
Saw this posted elsewhere. But it would be much easier to just restart and do the thieves guild right off the bat. Or maybe plant some better armor in a thieves guild members inventory, so he unequips his and then just pickpocket those.

"This is for those who sold the armour needed to finish this, or can otherwise not get hold of it (others can simply ignore this post):

The savegames on the Xbox 360 are compatible with those on the PC if you know what to do. That means that you can use a PC version to add the items via console commands.

I wasn't so lucky as to have a PC-version, but a friend of mine does and eventually we got it working.

1.) Configure a USB stick/hard drive on the Xbox so that you can save files on it.
2.) Place the Skyrim save file on it
3.) On the PC, obtain a program named "Xplorer":
http://digiex.net/attachments/downloads/download-center....zip
4.) Open the USB device in Xplorer
5.) (This is what I did, there may be other options but this definitely works) Select "Backup -> Dump Drive" to extract all files (read: Your savegame) to a folder on your computer
6.) You now have a file named [name].exs. You're almost there! Download modio:
http://www.wupload.de/file/46501092/Modio_3.0.zip
7.) Open the .exs in Modio and in the "File Contents" tab, extract the savegame.dat
8.) Rename the savegame.dat into [anything].ess
9.) Put it in the save game directory of Skyrim (I can't help you there, like I said, I don't have a PC version)
10.) Load the savegame and use any one (or all) of the following commands:
player.additem d3ac2 1
player.additem d3ac3 1
player.additem d3ac4 1
player.additem d3ac5 1
This adds the armour to your inventory.
11.) Save the game (duh)
12.) Rename the savegame to savegame.dat
13.) Back in modio, load the .exs and replace the savegame.dat with the save file you just renamed, then click "Rehash and Resign" in the "General File Info" tab.
14.) Back in Xplorer, find the folder where the save files are (for me it was Data Partition/Content/E000002B48B80E98/425307E6/00000001, but there's not much to choose from anyhow) and just drag the new and improved .exs in there. If that doesn't work, rename it so that nothing is overwritten. The name of the save game is saved separately from the file name anyway.
15.) Plug the USB stick back into the Xbox and transfer the save game (unless it's corrupted, in which case don't bother)
16.) Success!

I tested it, it most certainly works if you do everything right. Admittedly, this is not how to get the achievement but nonetheless it helps you to not have to replay who knows how many hours of the game (in my case, about thirty) just to get this.

A few things I noticed while doing this:
-Xplorer works just fine on Linux via Wine. However, modio does not.
-These save files get pretty huge.
-The thumbnail for the savegame gets mangled when switching systems (both ways), they still work though."

Thanks for this B_COW. I can also confirm this works. Had to delete my original exs file from Xplorer & then inject the edited one in but it all worked out fine. Also decided to treat myself to a little extra gold while I was at it.