How do you become Thane of Markarth?

#1Sellus GraviusPosted 11/26/2011 9:15:36 PM
Or at least be able to buy a house there. I asked the jarl and he said no, until I do some work, so...

SPOILERS

I did the forsworn conspiracy, and no one escaped cidhna mine (killed Madanach), and Thonar said he put in a recommendation to the jarl etc. But now I don't even have the option to ask the jarl to sell me a house :(

wat do?
#2nodescriptorPosted 11/26/2011 9:18:22 PM
The Forsworn Conspiracy is not a requirement. Ask the Jarl if he needs any help, he should send you to kill some forsworn. I don't remember if you keep getting quests from him; if not, try his steward. After a few quests he will ask you to fetch an item. Completing that quest will let you buy a house and become the thane.
#3SubkawaPosted 11/26/2011 9:19:12 PM
To buy the house, you also need to be level 20 to receive the quest that allows you to buy one.
---
...Is this what happens when you use the Crack Stone to evolve a GThunder? -Duo_Maxwell
#41qaqa1Posted 11/26/2011 9:22:00 PM
do 5 quests in the reach area and buy the markarth house.
---
Schoolyard metagame was the best, you didn't get mobbed by 10 year olds because you used Blaziken-Bananamatic
#5Sellus Gravius(Topic Creator)Posted 11/26/2011 9:24:04 PM
Subkawa posted...
To buy the house, you also need to be level 20 to receive the quest that allows you to buy one.

Sweet, im level 12 only, thanks. Glad it's not a bug :)