1 handed weapon + 1 hand destruction?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. 1 handed weapon + 1 hand destruction?

User Info: tote_all

tote_all
5 years ago#1
Is that viable at all?

User Info: PathlessBullet

PathlessBullet
5 years ago#2
Yerp.
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."

User Info: David_741

David_741
5 years ago#3
Well yeah but it isn't that good really. You cannot cast,slash and move at the same time.
FC: 5286 0685 2561

User Info: Wstonefi

Wstonefi
5 years ago#4
In my experience, not really. You swing your weapon slower while you're casting, so this setup is not very strong DPS-wise.

If you want a "pure offense" build, I recommend using either a pair of one-handed weapons, or two Destruction spells. Both are much more efficient.

User Info: Black_Cheese

Black_Cheese
5 years ago#5
Honestly, anything is viable in this game as long as you don't totally screw up your perks.

That said, my main right now does do 1 handed+destruction. It works fine for me. I feel like I have a little more versatility using destruction in my other hand, rather than a shield or another weapon.
MKDS FC: 1203-2521-6248
ACWW Kamon in KinLand FC: 3737-2835-7661

tote_all
5 years ago#6
Yeah I was planning on DWing anyway, just wanted to see if it was viable. I assume this game has a lot of replay value? I might end up rolling a Dark Elf "fire mage" as well later on.

User Info: OfficeChair

OfficeChair
5 years ago#7
idk why people say it's not viable. just take the damn spell out of your left hand when you need to focus on combat so you can block. i just made a spellsword and he's almost like a FF red mage. it's awesome
Nothing shall forestall my return. Even if the morrow is barren of promises.

User Info: CW_McGraw

CW_McGraw
5 years ago#8
What I like about destruction+1 handed weapons is that I deal damage even when my opponents are blocking.
"Pennington > Marino. Pennington's never needed Jim Carrey to rescue him because he held a kick laces in."
-evilbobikus

tote_all
5 years ago#9

idk why people say it's not viable. just take the damn spell out of your left hand when you need to focus on combat so you can block. i just made a spellsword and he's almost like a FF red mage. it's awesome

That's basically what I want.

User Info: ZosKiaCultus

ZosKiaCultus
5 years ago#10
Go one hand+conjuration/illusion/alteration instead
http://i.imgur.com/fCvCX.gif George is gettin' upset!
http://last.fm/user/AnathemaOfZos Gamertag: aGeorgeDivided
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. 1 handed weapon + 1 hand destruction?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived