Is there a "best" follower to have?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Is there a "best" follower to have?
5 years ago#11
None.

This. I tried to keep a follower around for a while but as my destruction magic got stronger, it became too difficult to keep the follower alive. I suppose I could have brought along an archer or some other longer distance follower but they also have a penchant for triggering traps so I just got sick of them and stopped using them with my mage. I can't say I miss them because its simplified gameplay not dealing with something getting in my way.
5 years ago#12
LOL PapRosario23.
5 years ago#13
Walkman_005 posted...
The best follower, are the ones you meet latest in the game

For example I would love to use Aela but I met her at level 2 probably. Her level is set to 2. Forever

Now I met my housecarl in Riften at level 40 and she is level 40 and never takes a knee and does serious damage

Seriously? That's why Lydia keeps getting manhandled.
5 years ago#14
They could've given someone an amulet that stops followers from dying. Might even be an assride to get it.
The way it is I don't use any follower, as I don't want them to die...
Admiration is the emotion furthest from comprehension.
5 years ago#15
UnholyMudcrab posted...
Boone.

^This

He was a beast in NV.
http://imgon.net/di-KK8S.gif
5 years ago#16
Wait, a follower's level "locks"?
So if I go back and reuit Fendall again, he'll just die over and over and over and over. (I'm 37 now, got him at 3)
I don't believe you. I've been using Erandur for a long time now, and he keeps getting better and better.

IMO it's all about finding someone who helps your weak areas. I use a mage, because I'm a warrior... well, that's if I use anyone at all. I'm more of a Theif/Fighter but that's a little to D&D I guess.
GamerTag: FallenAzraelx
5 years ago#17
Supposedly that girl you meet in the bar/inn that has the redguard woman in whiterun who you need to fist fight to get levels up with you.
5 years ago#18
I'd say the best follower depends on your playstyle. If you're a melee character you'll want an archer or a mage, and if you're an archer or mage you might want a character who can take a beating for you.
[Evil Republican]
5 years ago#19

DerekNJ posted...
None.

The end.

^This.

5 years ago#20
thebalancexx posted...
Wait, a follower's level "locks"?
So if I go back and reuit Fendall again, he'll just die over and over and over and over. (I'm 37 now, got him at 3)
I don't believe you. I've been using Erandur for a long time now, and he keeps getting better and better.

IMO it's all about finding someone who helps your weak areas. I use a mage, because I'm a warrior... well, that's if I use anyone at all. I'm more of a Theif/Fighter but that's a little to D&D I guess.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Followers

Read the follower stats part
They do indeed lock to your level
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Is there a "best" follower to have?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived