Infinite weapon charges on a companion's weapon?

#1Fei_KuPosted 11/29/2011 9:57:52 AM
My Erandur has been using a mace I gave him with the paralyze enchantment. However, I notice that the charge isn't really going down at all, and hes been using it for a while. Do companions not use charges for enchanted weapons? Anyone else notice this?
---
If only I could be so grossly incandescent...
#2MaximusOligarchPosted 11/29/2011 10:00:08 AM
Yeah, I gave Lydia a Blades katana with a frost enchantment and I haven't seen go down at all. Personally, I'm thankful I don't have to worry about recharging it.
#3Ninja_GaignunPosted 11/29/2011 10:02:54 AM
I wonder if you gave them a soul trap weapon and a bunch of soul gems if they could fill them.
---
And crawling, on the planet's face, some insects, called the human race. Lost in time, and lost in space... and meaning.
#4Fei_Ku(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2011 10:03:51 AM
Ninja_Gaignun posted...
I wonder if you gave them a soul trap weapon and a bunch of soul gems if they could fill them.

Genius. Have to try this..
---
If only I could be so grossly incandescent...
#5crazee_curtPosted 11/29/2011 10:04:00 AM
I don't know about weapon charges, but staffs definitely lose charges, but very slowly. I gave Lydia a staff of summon familiar early on, and after a while she stopped using it. I thought it was because she just stopped using it in favor of better staffs, but when I grabbed it from her to sell it, I noticed the charges were empty. Refilled it, and she started using it again.
---
*isn't sigged*
If I wanted a sig, I would have put something here...
#6zombieninja168Posted 11/29/2011 10:05:50 AM
Ninja_Gaignun posted...

Theres a glitch with this actually. If they have a single stack of soul gems higher than 5, they will fill the whole stack with one soul.
#7gangoplushPosted 11/29/2011 10:06:23 AM
hmm... i tried this a while ago and it used charge.
---
ALL HAIL kodosatoz!