necromancer build

#1xem0k1dxPosted 11/29/2011 3:37:41 PM
Hi guys,

Just got the game and was wondering how to build a good necromancer. I know, I must have conjuration but what else. Some peoples say illusion others destruction or alteration. Also, should I focus to get max conjuration first or a mix.

Oh and if you think about something else that could help me build my necro just let me know.

Thanks for your help =)
---
It's our time to shine
FF3 FC: 120 351 741 653
#2DegalonPosted 11/29/2011 3:42:04 PM
xjerichox posted...
Hi guys,

Just got the game and was wondering how to build a good necromancer. I know, I must have conjuration but what else. Some peoples say illusion others destruction or alteration. Also, should I focus to get max conjuration first or a mix.

Oh and if you think about something else that could help me build my necro just let me know.

Thanks for your help =)

Focus mainly on Conjuration (offense) and Illusion (Control), then go with Alteration (Defense). You can toss some destruction in after that if you are unsure if you can stay out of combat, which is what you should be doing with the other schools.

For example, my mage is primarily conjuration with some illusion. I'm never even in combat. Toss a Fury into a group of enemies, let them attack each other, calm the survivor while you rez the one who died to kill the survivor, then rez survivor, and voila, you just took down enemies without fighting, AND you get to keep the strongest enemy as a minion.

It does take practice to actually stay out of combat though, especially at low levels. I usually kept a shield on me at low levels to defend myself in emergencies. maybe keep a dagger or something incase you run out of magic, again, at low levels. Though since you let minions do the fighting, you shouldn't really ever be running out of magic.
---
GT: DEGALON
MK: Sheeva/Mileena, SSF4: Guile, BB: Makoto, DOA4: Leon, SC4: Astaroth, SF3: Alex, AH3: Zenia Valov, Tekken: Bryan Fury, VF: Vanessa
#3ThineEnemyPosted 11/29/2011 3:43:49 PM(edited)
I'll just go with what I have so far (mixture of summoner/necromancer).

My focus early on in the game was conjuration (of course), destruction, and restoration.

For restoration, get the apprentice level perk, dual-casting, and the +50% health regen when heal perk.

For destruction, get apprentice level perk... I think that's it for that, I'm not sure. May be more.

Just try to get those perks when you can (like when you don't have high enough conjuration points to acquire any other perks).
#4xem0k1dx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2011 4:14:15 PM
Can someone give me a good example of where to put my perk and repost link.

http://skyrimcalculator.com/

Many thanks
---
It's our time to shine
#5xem0k1dx(Topic Creator)Posted 11/29/2011 5:42:28 PM
bump
---
It's our time to shine
#6anacondamcgeePosted 11/29/2011 5:46:06 PM
i roll with with fire damage under destruction and raising the dead with my off hand and its amazing. how do you guys like the conjuration spells for weapons because i havent played with them to much
---
PSN: Abelincolnstwin LIVE: abelincolnstwin dc online names: Bigtug, Cranley ssfivae- BLANKA is king
#7ihaveafacePosted 11/29/2011 5:59:54 PM

Nice site. I just planned out all my perks.

#8laurenciumPosted 11/29/2011 6:23:17 PM
Check out this great topic by cr8s: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61115903

Basically, you need:

1.) Dead Thrall spell: This spell allows you to resurrect a dead body permanently. To get this spell, you need to get your conjuration level above 90 so you can complete a quest at the College of Winterhold. If you want to level conjuration quickly, one way is to repeatedly cast the low level spell "Soul Trap" on dead bodies.

2.) Twin Souls perk: This perk allows you to have two reanimated zombies at the same time. There are two paths that lead to this if you look at the perk tree. The "atronach" path is longer than the "necromancy" path, so you might want to go with the latter. I'm not sure whether the perks in these two paths affect the corpses you raise using Dead Thrall that much. I went with the "atronach" path and everything seems fine.

3.) A house: Basically any place that allows you to store things permanently. You need to to store the precious corpses you will eventually collect....

There you have it. Once you have these three things you are ready to go on your necromancy journey! Any named character you kill, try to resurrect them and see if they're any good! If you have more than two you like, just bring them to your house, kill them again, and leave their bodies there. Come back and re-resurrect them when the need arise.

The key to being a successful necromancer is having available to you a number of good corpses, and knowing how to put equips on these zombies. Orchendor is one of the best named characters you can resurrect. Cicero is a very amusing option. This aspect is further explored by again cr8s's topic, http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615803-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61115903, so be sure to check it out.
#9kornbeefncabagePosted 11/29/2011 7:16:52 PM
anacondamcgee posted...
i roll with with fire damage under destruction and raising the dead with my off hand and its amazing. how do you guys like the conjuration spells for weapons because i havent played with them to much

I love bound bow... It also levels my archery and works really well while my zombie/summon is tanking.
---
"We eat gods for breakfast" - Dr. Egon Spengler