Fortify Restoration Potion exploit

#1Tron-BurgundyPosted 11/30/2011 4:09:26 AM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/61198994

The glitch/exploit involve drinking multiple fortify restoration potions, wearing fortify alchemy equipment and create ungodly overpowering equipment in less than 10 minutes with very little starting material.

This glitch was done using 100 in both alchemy/enchanting, but it can be done with no skill/perk in alchemy and enchanting.

First, credit goes to l2pn and his youtube channel for giving me the foundation idea for discover this glitch.

So there I was watching a skyrim Enhancement State Glitch video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=32WJjgcO_eE, by l2pn.

Where l2pn shows that by drinking a fortify restoration potion and un-equipping/equipping dark brother hood armor, he can increases the disease resistance by 40% and increases the fortifying effect duration to something ridiculous like 26,000 hours. So while the duration increases is nice, but the real kicker is the skill increase.

Since the game consider any fortify skill effect from either armor or potion as a restoration spell effect. That means all fortify skill effect can be enhance by drinking a fortify restoration potion first.

For example, if you drunk a +130% fortify restoration potion first before you drink fortify enchanting potion, you can upgrade the standard max-out +32% fortify enchanting to a monstrous magnitude of +73.6%!

But itís not over yet, the effect of a fortify restoration potion can be enhance by another fortify restoration potion and thus creating an infinite alchemy loop. This means each successive fortify restoration potion you chugged gets more and more powerful.

So to test my theory, I created and drunk like 5-10 fortify restoration potions using 100 skill alchemy and all the appropriate perks.

The first fortify effect goes 130%, ~500% for the second one, ~900% for the third one, ~3,000% for the fourth one, ~26,000% for the fifth potion. At the end of the session, I have like ~+3 million % fortify restoration effect.

By wearing the standard 29%x4 fortify alchemy suit while I was drinking the potion, I was able to have +19,000 % alchemy skills! from each piece of my alchemy suit.

From the total of +76,000 % alchemy, I was able to create +5,000 % fortify enchanting potion, 85,000 % blacksmith potion and paralysis poison that last 999 seconds.

Using the +5,000% enchanting potion, I created a new alchemy suit with +22,000% alchemy & blacksmithing skill on every single piece.

So you can see where i'm going with this.

I did this on PS3 for both patch 1.1 and patch 1.2, both seems to work fine.

To do this glitch you need some fortify restoration ingredients (abcean fish & salt pile, all pretty common stuff), at least 1 fortify alchemy armor and some low level soul gem to create the first iteration of ungodly fortify alchemy gear.

Follow the l2pn's youtube instruction and drink multiple fortify restoration potions beforehand. Then you should able to create potion of ungodly magnitude.

This guy found it, and a couple people have done it but don't really know how they did it exactly. A few of us have tried to do it and failed. Anyone care to test it out a bit?
---
I love scotch. Scotchy, scotch, scotch. Here it goes down, down into my belly.
#2jammymacsterPosted 11/30/2011 4:29:50 AM
Not sure if I fully understand how to do it but I'll give it a shot.
---
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." - Peter Molyneux
#3lostlibrarianPosted 11/30/2011 4:33:36 AM
Got the first part working on Xbox 360 without the new patch whilst in breezehome using the alchemy table there.

Wearing my current alchemy gear (gloves, ring, circlet, necklace, falmor helmet) which is upgraded using the well known fortify alchemy loop, to be 'potions are 28% more powerful'
I made a 'fortify restoration potion with a 115% effect

I opened the item menu, took all the gear off. Exited the menu

Went back into the menu, drank the fortify restoration potion. Quit the menu

Went back into the menu, put the gear back on: each piece is now 'potions are 60% more powerful'. Exited the menu, activated alchemy table

Made a 400% fortify restoration potion...
#4UsurpationblitzPosted 11/30/2011 4:36:47 AM
So simply -

1) Drink a bunch of Fortify Restoration Potions
2) Make a Fortify Enchant Potion
3) Enchant Gear

Is this correct?
---
I got married on April 4th, 2010
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac158/Usurpationblitz/TGCid.png
#5lostlibrarianPosted 11/30/2011 4:42:36 AM(edited)
BAHAHAHA

Each fortify restoration potion you drink makes the next potion more effective! Just make a batch of them with some good fortify alchemy equipment on, and take them one after another!

EDIT: This is WRONG

Only one fortify restoration potion actually increases the effect: a second one cancels it.

You have to remove your fort alchemy equipment, drink the potion, then replace your fort alchemy equipment and make a stronger potion.
#6UsurpationblitzPosted 11/30/2011 4:38:06 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7lostlibrarianPosted 11/30/2011 4:46:13 AM(edited)
Yeah, that three step process seems to get everything

Don't forget the fortify smithing potion...

EDIT:

Nope. You have to bootstrap yourself by removing the equipment, drinking the potion, putting the equipment back on and making a stronger potion. Two potions in a row cancel the boost
#8UsurpationblitzPosted 11/30/2011 4:39:15 AM
To help others out, which items can carry a fortify alchemy enchant?
---
I got married on April 4th, 2010
http://i895.photobucket.com/albums/ac158/Usurpationblitz/TGCid.png
#9jammymacsterPosted 11/30/2011 4:40:35 AM
Wow, this is crazy.

Ok so I think this is how it works.

Fortifying your Restoration skill improves the effectiveness of your equipment. For example, an item could be +20 Smithing but after drinking a Fortify Restoration potion it'll increase to +200 Smithing for example.

This means that while wearing Alchemy gear, you could create and use a Fortify Restoration potion to improve the effectiveness of your Fortify Alchemy gear. Now this will let you create a stronger Fortify Restoration (FR) potion. Thus you can loop creating and using FR potions to constantly improve the effectiveness of your alchemy gear resulting in insanely high Alchemy skill.
---
"It's you Americans. There's something about nipples you hate. If this were Germany, we'd be romping around naked on the stage here." - Peter Molyneux
#10lostlibrarianPosted 11/30/2011 4:44:57 AM(edited)
Ladies and gentlemen, we have a potion glitch of the same order of magnitude as that seen in morrowind