Why can't I defeat Alduin even though I'm using dragonrend over and over again?

#1oldschooldogyPosted 12/1/2011 6:57:24 PM
It's making me so upset because this big stupid dragon that was supposed to be helping me keeps getting injured. Then during the entire fight he's just kneels on the ground all submissive like and keeps yelling use Dragonrend. Half the time I hit Alduin with Dragonrend he keeps flying like I didn't do anything. Then when he finally lands I'm attacking him with a power enchanted glass great sword, but it's having zero effect. It's not even scratching his life gauge.
---
This thing is all about respect. That's what its all about.
#2Fallout3_GirlPosted 12/1/2011 6:59:35 PM
Multiple options:
1. Get a better sword
2. Level up more
3. Turn down the difficulty for this one fight.

Tip for the shout: Make sure you are using the max power one so he is forced to land for longer.

Good luck.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/534914-world-of-warcraft/52296836
Boom!
#3RayneworksPosted 12/1/2011 7:01:25 PM
It's a glitch, restart the game.
---
Warning: Reading this message may result in blown minds, hurt souls or death.
You killed Alduin. What else are you supposed to do, buy the Dragons ice cream?
#4oldschooldogy(Topic Creator)Posted 12/1/2011 7:10:57 PM
I'm at level 50 with a greatsword that does 58 damage plus 18 points shock damage. Is this equipment too weak to defeat him?
---
This thing is all about respect. That's what its all about.
#5cdelli01Posted 12/1/2011 7:29:31 PM

Depends.  Are you playing as a warrior/tank?  If so, your armor and health should be high enough to protect you from most of Alduin's damage.  Well, as much as can be expected when fighting the freaking world eater.  When I fought him first, I was only level 25 or so, and my weapons were hitting at about the same damage as yours (I think my enchantments were a tad higher...25 fire damage).  Use the full dragonrend shout, and attack near the wings.  I think I dropped him in 20-25 hits.