Perfect Build

#1Impulsek17Posted 12/4/2011 8:59:52 AM
I want to create the ultimate assassin build. But more than just an assassin. I want to be able to also deal damage and take it exceptionally. Not a tank, but definitely strong. So I'm wondering.
I already thought how I'll deal with it. Main perks: Archery, Light Armour, 1H weapons.
Sneak, Pickpocket.
Enchanting, Alchemy.
Destruction, Restoration.
This was the make up I thought best, in case anyone wants to see.
http://www.ign.com/builds/the-elder-scrolls-5-skyrim?
d=000000000000000000000000000000000000000
The main reason I went with these was.
Heavy armour; useless for sneaking and thus assassinating, even if the sound and speed is removed. Although I might considering I want to destroy all dragons... But enchanting could give me a lot of resistance.. So the heavy armour is just not stealthy sounding.
Block: No real intention in completely keeping a shield, unless facing dragons, so perhaps I might. Although because of the fact I'm going to get Enchanting and either be a Lycan or a Vamp. Thus I'm pretty sure I can cover frost/fire resistance and thus I'd only have to worry about avoiding attacks or attacking pretty fast. So perks... don't need.
Two handed: I don't think I need to justify.
Alteration: Not a mage so don't see it.
Conjuration: Don't see how conjuring things help me sneak around.
Illusion: Eh... I guess the name should make me think of it. But again I don't think I want to be too maguey.
Lockpicking: Skeleton key, patience, no need for the perks as I see it.
Speech: BORING!
Smithing: Meh boring perks.
So yeah I hope that like with these I can dual with killing anyone and everyone I want to both silently and in a fight. And also destroy dragons. Figure vampires have 100% to ice. Enchant and I can balance out the fire.
Dunno if any of it makes sense. Also I'd be a Wood Elf, just saying.
Thoughts? Criticism?
#2Sin JackalPosted 12/4/2011 9:04:00 AM
It isn't a perfect build if you're making it a specific type of build.

I also saw the, "don't really need a shield" comment, and that instantly made the build imperfect.

Block/shield is arguably the most powerful combat tool in the game. Not only for protecting yourself from harmful spells and attacks, but to disarm or heavily stagger enemies with the shield bash. . .or controlling groups of powerful mages with the Shield Charge perk. The power shield bash is also great dragon control.

Seriously, unless you're making a mage build, you should be using a shield if you want a "perfect character".
#3bibfortuna25Posted 12/4/2011 9:05:13 AM
Whatever build you come up with is, by default, the perfect build for you. Just like how my build, while different from yours, is perfect for me. Everyone plays the game their own way.
---
Finding the Fiji Mermaid is like playing Calvinball. You can never do it the same way twice.
Please read the FAQs and stickies before asking questions.
#4resevil67Posted 12/4/2011 9:06:55 AM
^bashes and power bashes also work with just a weapon also. Blocking however is way less effective without a shield, but you can still bash and power bash with a wep.
#5infinitexxPosted 12/4/2011 9:08:08 AM
Drop Destruction, add Illusion.
---
You can't make an omelette without crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning.
#6LaLiLLuLeLoPosted 12/4/2011 9:10:29 AM
There is no such thing as a perfect build, end of story.
---
Who are the Patriots? I am the Patriots...no, not the football team. They can take arrows to the knees, do the whole NFL a favor.
#7devak108Posted 12/4/2011 9:18:36 AM

There is no such thing as a perfect build, end of story.

---
FUS RO DAH
#8Sin JackalPosted 12/4/2011 9:19:18 AM
Upon further review, OP's build is even worse than when I first skimmed it and stopped reading after I saw his Block comments.

Heavy Armor is useless for sneaking? wut? Get the Conditioning perk and use Muffle. . .boom, no longer an issue with heavy armor. And now you aren't at a huge disadvantage when you actually do engage in battle.

Just sneaking is really slow and gets very boring anyway. I can literally charge right into a group of deadly Ancient Vampires and Master Necromancers, bulldoze them to the ground, obliterate one of them before they even get up, then charge the other ones back on their asses, destroy another one before the last one gets up, then cave in the skull of the last one at my leisure. Or I can fight an Ancient Dragon and kill him in one landing while barely taking any damage.

Seriously. . .sneaking is nowhere near as good as being a straight up brawler. It's much slower. I can still sneak and assassinate people as a warrior perfectly. Of course, there's barely ever a point besides murdering people in towns for quests. Just being a warrior is quicker.

And OP, the fact that you're neglecting smithing makes your build even worse. No heavy armor, no shield, no smithing? You're pretty much making the weakest character possible in terms of defense.

You can easily be an assassin on a regular warrior build simply by building up -just- the Sneak skill, and getting a few perks in it. Boom. . .now you're an assassin, only don't suck in real combat.

resevil67 posted...
^bashes and power bashes also work with just a weapon also. Blocking however is way less effective without a shield, but you can still bash and power bash with a wep.

It blows without the shield, the defense is very poor without a shield, and you can't Shield Charge without a shield.
#9hoax123Posted 12/4/2011 9:24:11 AM
"Seriously, unless you're making a mage build, you should be using a shield if you want a "perfect character"."

In theory perhaps, but why would my sneaky archer ever need a shield? If they hardly ever come in melee range, why would i need it?
---
Finally. Mars has accepted my sacrifices and unleashes me. - Legate Lanius
#10bibfortuna25Posted 12/4/2011 9:25:36 AM
If you want to use a shield, then use it. Personally, I rarely use one unless I'm in a relatively easy fight. For tougher fights, my off-hand is usually equipped with a healing spell since that keeps me alive longer than having a shield there.
---
Finding the Fiji Mermaid is like playing Calvinball. You can never do it the same way twice.
Please read the FAQs and stickies before asking questions.