how do you raise the dead?

#1Sensei2781Posted 12/5/2011 7:18:28 AM
I have a 34 in conjuration, and I don't see the spell "raise the dead" or anything of that nature, I also have only been playing for about an hour.
#2Necro_Fear89Posted 12/5/2011 7:22:55 AM
In Riverwood the trader there sells a spell called raise zombie, it will revive a weak dead body for you for 60 seconds. The other higher up spells you will only unlock them as you increase your conjuration. After your zombie has died it will crumble to dust though, and wont be able to summon it again. Until you receive the master death thrall spell all bodies will drumlins to dust after casting the spell on them. You could also try the court wizard in Whiterun, or join the college of Winterhold.
---
For God so love the world, that He gave his only begotten son that all who may believe in Him may not perish but have everlasting life- John 3:16
#3WestSdeNleVrusPosted 12/5/2011 7:23:02 AM
Uh...you don't magically get the spells. You have to find them or buy them. I think the first one is Raise Zombie.
#4Sensei2781(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2011 7:28:11 AM
WestSdeNleVrus posted...
Uh...you don't magically get the spells. You have to find them or buy them. I think the first one is Raise Zombie.

That's what I was asking, I know they exist, just don't know where or how to get them. I didn't think i crossed my arms and blinked my eyes and BAM! appears said spell.
#5Sensei2781(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2011 7:30:16 AM
Necro_Fear89 posted...
In Riverwood the trader there sells a spell called raise zombie, it will revive a weak dead body for you for 60 seconds. The other higher up spells you will only unlock them as you increase your conjuration. After your zombie has died it will crumble to dust though, and wont be able to summon it again. Until you receive the master death thrall spell all bodies will drumlins to dust after casting the spell on them. You could also try the court wizard in Whiterun, or join the college of Winterhold.

Thanks bud
#6acangialPosted 12/5/2011 7:30:21 AM
Sensei2781 posted...
WestSdeNleVrus posted...

That's what I was asking, I know they exist, just don't know where or how to get them. I didn't think i crossed my arms and blinked my eyes and BAM! appears said spell.

There is also a reanimate spell that is much stronger than the zombie one. To be honest it's a little lame. It's no where near as powerful or effective as the atronach spells.
---
Chuck Norris brings whale sushi and panda kebabs to vegan potlucks. - www.chucknorrisfacts.com
#7sinyxPosted 12/5/2011 7:30:34 AM
Then cast the spell on a corpse, you can buy it from the first shop you get to. You can't just resurrect everything right away though. You need to have the right level, for example, if you kill a Mammoth you won't be able to raise it at level 5 to go on a killing spree. You will need to level up and get the right level spell to do so.
---
Turn the page, wash your hands...
Turn the page, wash your hands...
#8Sensei2781(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2011 7:31:34 AM
acangial posted...
Sensei2781 posted...
WestSdeNleVrus posted...

There is also a reanimate spell that is much stronger than the zombie one. To be honest it's a little lame. It's no where near as powerful or effective as the atronach spells.

ok, between raising the dead and conjuraing things, it would be great to lead your own army, if that is even possible.
#9Necro_Fear89Posted 12/5/2011 7:34:35 AM
You can always dual cast the spell to strengthen it's power also. So you might possibly be able to raise a bit higher level baddie with it. Though I'd just suggest leveling it up as dual casting conjuration isn't that effective to do until higher levels, then again the Dremora Lords you can summon will most likely be stronger than anything else you can raise. Still it's cool to raise a mammoth and watch it tank things for you lol
---
For God so love the world, that He gave his only begotten son that all who may believe in Him may not perish but have everlasting life- John 3:16