Summoner or Necromancy?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Summoner or Necromancy?
3 years ago#1
Just started playing a new character and wanted to make a necro type class. Was wondering if it's best to go for summoner or necromancy on the conjuration skill. I thought I read that once you get to a certain level you really can't raise undead on a lot of the mobs so is it worth going that way?
---
Live in your world, get pwned in mine.
3 years ago#2
i'd go summoning, atronarchs are cool.
zombies smell bad.

plus wouldnt you need to kill something to get your first zombie? sorta makes it less appealing since you cant start with one. what if theres no dead stuff nearby?
3 years ago#3
Dead thrall.

Your argument is invalid.
---
"It is impossible for a man to learn what he thinks he already knows." - Epictetus
3 years ago#4
ScottishSoul posted...
Dead thrall.

Wow that tells me a lot. Maybe go into some detail?
---
3 years ago#5
Dead thrall is a spell that lets you permanantly raise a dead body and once it dies, it never turns to ash so you can keep raising it...
3 years ago#6
ScottishSoul posted...
Dead thrall.

The problem is that he won't get Dead Thrall until he gets conjuration to 90. Until then, he'll be better off using atronachs.
---
Your whole style is moist, B!
3 years ago#7
Oh and if you have twin souls you can have two dead thralls at once... so you never have to search for a dead body, you just keep raising the one you have, but yeah it's a master level spell so you won't get it till you conjuration is really high.
(edited by somnambulist07)
3 years ago#8
ScottishSoul posted...
Dead thrall.

zombies still smell bad. especially old recycled ones.
3 years ago#9
Ah ok that sounds pretty decent. How far into the game do you get that and I'm guessing you have to have necromancy to get that?
---
3 years ago#10
I think atronachs probably do better in combat though and won't die as often, especially if you take the perk to make atronachs 50% more powerful... but I could be wrong. And you can keep summoning them when they are defeated.
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. Summoner or Necromancy?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived