The Invisible Dawnstar Chest and why you should ignore it

#1Hanzogamer1Posted 12/5/2011 5:31:52 PM
This topic is purely for educational purposes.

I don't know how many of you use the "tcl" command, but I use it frequently. Not to break the game mind you, but because I have always been extremely curious.

I use the "tcl" command while indoors at a vendor..say..Warmaidens. I went down through the floor and underneath the floor was a chest. I opened it and it contained all the loot the vendor had. ALL of it.

The Dawnstar chest is the same. It's a chest, like the one that was underground in Warmaidens, that contains a vendor's full supply. What truly gave it away was how the items were arranged. The arrangement was identical in arrangement to the vendor stock.

These chests are invisible or underground for a reason. So we don't find them.

I'm not posting this to convince you not to rob the vendor, but as an explanation of it's existence.

If you're so intent on exploiting a flaw of the game, then use the console to add money or whatever item you want. That way, you save the time of having to worry about the chest.

I apologize for the wall of text, but I know some of you here are atleast average intelligence, capable of seeing the logic I present to you.
---
Shepard. Wrex. Shepard.
#2madninjaskillzzPosted 12/5/2011 5:32:58 PM
Hanzogamer1 posted...
This topic is purely for educational purposes.

I don't know how many of you use the "tcl" command, but I use it frequently. Not to break the game mind you, but because I have always been extremely curious.

I use the "tcl" command while indoors at a vendor..say..Warmaidens. I went down through the floor and underneath the floor was a chest. I opened it and it contained all the loot the vendor had. ALL of it.

The Dawnstar chest is the same. It's a chest, like the one that was underground in Warmaidens, that contains a vendor's full supply. What truly gave it away was how the items were arranged. The arrangement was identical in arrangement to the vendor stock.

These chests are invisible or underground for a reason. So we don't find them.

I'm not posting this to convince you not to rob the vendor, but as an explanation of it's existence.

If you're so intent on exploiting a flaw of the game, then use the console to add money or whatever item you want. That way, you save the time of having to worry about the chest.

I apologize for the wall of text, but I know some of you here are atleast average intelligence, capable of seeing the logic I present to you.

Awesome, that is exactly why I am opening this chest and getting mah goodieths!
---
The Empire stole my sweetroll. Free Skyrim or death!
Every day I'm shufflin.
#31qaqa1Posted 12/5/2011 5:33:51 PM
We can't use the console on the xbox.
---
Schoolyard metagame was the best, you didn't get mobbed by 10 year olds because you used Blaziken-Bananamatic
#4Hanzogamer1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2011 5:34:25 PM
To rob the vendor?

I admit that I did not expect that.

I guess it adds a bit of "i'm an evil SOB with godpowers who can rob vendors who store their loot in alternate dimensions"
---
Shepard. Wrex. Shepard.
#5Hanzogamer1(Topic Creator)Posted 12/5/2011 5:35:01 PM
Riiiight. I swear I thought this was the PC board. My bad folks.

Nothing to see here.
---
Shepard. Wrex. Shepard.
#6severialityPosted 12/5/2011 5:36:05 PM
You gave me no reason to avoid the Dawnstar chest, besides that it's a glitch. Which seeing as its an invisible chest in a rock, I think we all were aware. So I wearily declare....

The point. There is none.
#7Grand_GuignolPosted 12/5/2011 5:36:48 PM
You present a compelling point sir.

Now, let me use console commands on my X-Box...

oh.
#8Tavy89Posted 12/5/2011 5:37:05 PM
Vendors refresh every 48hrs right? That chest didn't seem to do that with me...so I reckon it has nothing to do with a vendor. Plus this isn't the PC board. We don't have the console and must exploit "flaws" in the game to get items.
Plus it's a bit out the way to belong to any shop.
---
Elder Scrolls V is taking up all my time :S
#9severialityPosted 12/5/2011 5:37:09 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#10Alter_LegionesPosted 12/5/2011 5:37:26 PM
So it's a hidden vendor chest? That is interesting. Any idea which vendor we keep robbing when we open it?
---
"Freedom of speech isn't about protecting the speech you like, its about protecting the speech you hate" - Larry Flynt