The Invisible Dawnstar Chest and why you should ignore it

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. The Invisible Dawnstar Chest and why you should ignore it
4 years ago#1
This topic is purely for educational purposes.

I don't know how many of you use the "tcl" command, but I use it frequently. Not to break the game mind you, but because I have always been extremely curious.

I use the "tcl" command while indoors at a vendor..say..Warmaidens. I went down through the floor and underneath the floor was a chest. I opened it and it contained all the loot the vendor had. ALL of it.

The Dawnstar chest is the same. It's a chest, like the one that was underground in Warmaidens, that contains a vendor's full supply. What truly gave it away was how the items were arranged. The arrangement was identical in arrangement to the vendor stock.

These chests are invisible or underground for a reason. So we don't find them.

I'm not posting this to convince you not to rob the vendor, but as an explanation of it's existence.

If you're so intent on exploiting a flaw of the game, then use the console to add money or whatever item you want. That way, you save the time of having to worry about the chest.

I apologize for the wall of text, but I know some of you here are atleast average intelligence, capable of seeing the logic I present to you.
Shepard. Wrex. Shepard.
4 years ago#2
Hanzogamer1 posted...
This topic is purely for educational purposes.

I don't know how many of you use the "tcl" command, but I use it frequently. Not to break the game mind you, but because I have always been extremely curious.

I use the "tcl" command while indoors at a vendor..say..Warmaidens. I went down through the floor and underneath the floor was a chest. I opened it and it contained all the loot the vendor had. ALL of it.

The Dawnstar chest is the same. It's a chest, like the one that was underground in Warmaidens, that contains a vendor's full supply. What truly gave it away was how the items were arranged. The arrangement was identical in arrangement to the vendor stock.

These chests are invisible or underground for a reason. So we don't find them.

I'm not posting this to convince you not to rob the vendor, but as an explanation of it's existence.

If you're so intent on exploiting a flaw of the game, then use the console to add money or whatever item you want. That way, you save the time of having to worry about the chest.

I apologize for the wall of text, but I know some of you here are atleast average intelligence, capable of seeing the logic I present to you.

Awesome, that is exactly why I am opening this chest and getting mah goodieths!
The Empire stole my sweetroll. Free Skyrim or death!
Every day I'm shufflin.
4 years ago#3
We can't use the console on the xbox.
Schoolyard metagame was the best, you didn't get mobbed by 10 year olds because you used Blaziken-Bananamatic
4 years ago#4
To rob the vendor?

I admit that I did not expect that.

I guess it adds a bit of "i'm an evil SOB with godpowers who can rob vendors who store their loot in alternate dimensions"
Shepard. Wrex. Shepard.
4 years ago#5
Riiiight. I swear I thought this was the PC board. My bad folks.

Nothing to see here.
Shepard. Wrex. Shepard.
4 years ago#6
You gave me no reason to avoid the Dawnstar chest, besides that it's a glitch. Which seeing as its an invisible chest in a rock, I think we all were aware. So I wearily declare....

The point. There is none.
4 years ago#7
You present a compelling point sir.

Now, let me use console commands on my X-Box...

oh.
4 years ago#8
Vendors refresh every 48hrs right? That chest didn't seem to do that with me...so I reckon it has nothing to do with a vendor. Plus this isn't the PC board. We don't have the console and must exploit "flaws" in the game to get items.
Plus it's a bit out the way to belong to any shop.
Elder Scrolls V is taking up all my time :S
(message deleted)
4 years ago#10
So it's a hidden vendor chest? That is interesting. Any idea which vendor we keep robbing when we open it?
"Freedom of speech isn't about protecting the speech you like, its about protecting the speech you hate" - Larry Flynt
  1. Boards
  2. The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
  3. The Invisible Dawnstar Chest and why you should ignore it

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived