Muffle perk + Muffle Enchant on boots = redundant?

#1Rogue MuttPosted 12/8/2011 9:46:13 AM
Basically, the topic title is the question. Is it pointless to enchant Muffle onto equipment now that I have the Muffle perk from the Sneak tree?

Seeing as how all Soul Gems seem to give the same amount of muffledness(?), it doesn't seem like the effects would stack or improve.

Any help is appreciated!
---
BSG
#2JoogieePosted 12/8/2011 9:49:28 AM
I dont think they really stack. I would wear the nightingale armor for that but now that I have switched to the dragon armor, I notice no difference at all especially since I do nothing but roll around and move as much as possible to get near the enemy. There has been 0 difference in them detecting me from noise.
#3LiLS0APPosted 12/8/2011 9:52:51 AM
they dont stack. i think the perk is worthless cuz its easier to enchant than waste a precious perk
---
GT: LiL S0AP - get clean!!
#4Rogue Mutt(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2011 10:00:03 AM
^^^
I already grabbed the perk because I wanted some of the Sneak perks further up the tree, so I can't really go back on that now. Seems like I can at least put a different enchantment on the boots though without having to worry about noise.

Thanks!
---
BSG
#5Raven_ShikumiPosted 12/8/2011 10:01:33 AM
what's 1 perk out of 80?

I think people might need to chill out a bit.
---
Cannot forgive the mind, drained of emotion,
that seeks eternity.
#6lubmelubyouPosted 12/8/2011 10:03:14 AM
1 perk is better spent than wasting 2 enchant slots on boots.
#7TiruasPosted 12/8/2011 10:04:40 AM
Rogue Mutt posted...
^^^
I already grabbed the perk because I wanted some of the Sneak perks further up the tree, so I can't really go back on that now. Seems like I can at least put a different enchantment on the boots though without having to worry about noise.

Thanks!

boots allow very valuable enchantments. especially with the extra effect perk.

Boots allow sneak, weapon enchanment, resistances, fortify carry weight & many other great effects.

Muffle almost seems like a waste on them. However, your torso armor......... that seems to be the SOURCE of your noise & doesn't allow muffle enchant (or any really useful non-mage enchants)..... sort of doesn't make sense.

I would say the muffle perk is good for a sneak character & allows more useful enchants to be placed on the boots. It's not a total waste & considering you took it to get closer to shadow warrior.... it's not really a waste at all.
#8JPTheriaPosted 12/8/2011 10:11:44 AM
The Muffle perk is on a perk path, though. If you plan on getting the 100 sneak perk, you will have to pick up the Muffle perk on the way anyway.
#9DestinPosted 12/8/2011 10:14:47 AM
> 1 perk is better spent than wasting 2 enchant slots on boots.

enchant slots are never wasted, there's an infinite amount of boots you can make and an infinite amount of souls to enchant with.
---
Destin the Valiant
#10RikiazPosted 12/8/2011 10:35:14 AM
I'll just go with the spell and have my perk and enchant slots =]
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality