Fed up of the loading screens

#21Godly_GoofPosted 12/8/2011 10:54:38 AM
well its a case of a trade-off it wouldnt be impossible to make a game with only a single loading screen when the game starts up however it would have to be massively condensed down or very limited in what you could do, honestly i'll take the tradeoff of loading screens if i can have a game as huge as Skyrim not too mention as detailed either.

That or incorporate progressive loads better somehow which this game already does really well but it's a matter of loading new areas like entering a house, to keep the game from being a huge a** file they are all separate "worlds" so to speak it makes fitting a game this big on a single disc possible ya it means load screens a plenty at times but meh
---
"I used to have a quote, but then i took and arrow in the knee"
#22greyscalezeroPosted 12/8/2011 10:57:34 AM
i think the load screens are great! there's stuff to do and they're not that long (considering the size of the game). load screens seemed really harsh going from a snes to a playstation... felt like i might as well have taken a nap while waiting for a screen...
---
Your logic is not invited to this conversation!
Gamertag: greyscalezero
#23DarkSymbiotePosted 12/8/2011 11:00:21 AM
I still wonder why the darn Thieves' Guild needs so many loading screens.
---
It's "...arrow in the knee."
#24Godly_GoofPosted 12/8/2011 11:02:21 AM
well its a case of the Flagon and the Cistern are 2 seperate maps so both needs a load screen and they seem to have a lot of NPCs in them all things considered not too mention a lot of unique dialogue and events so i can imagine they need them more then most places since they have to account for so many more variables then say Warmaiden's in Whiterun or something where its just a store with very few variables
---
"I used to have a quote, but then i took and arrow in the knee"
#25DarkSymbiotePosted 12/8/2011 11:03:36 AM
Godly_Goof posted...
well its a case of the Flagon and the Cistern are 2 seperate maps so both needs a load screen and they seem to have a lot of NPCs in them all things considered not too mention a lot of unique dialogue and events so i can imagine they need them more then most places since they have to account for so many more variables then say Warmaiden's in Whiterun or something where its just a store with very few variables

Well, yes but it's just a place with dim lighting. No sky or heavy smoke or something heavy. You are a good Faqer. Good night.
---
It's "...arrow in the knee."
#26thebalancexxPosted 12/8/2011 11:08:39 AM
I love the loading screen.
A chance to review some of the detail the programers worked so hard on? Fantastic.
---
GamerTag: FallenAzraelx
#27Gaming_EsquirePosted 12/8/2011 11:13:28 AM
I like the loading screens. Without em I'd never have any time. The twenty or so seconds allows me to get a beer, take a leak, check my phone for texts. If there was no loading time I'd never have even a short break from skyrim.

Btw you people that complain about this stuff are a bunch of whiners. God. Beth creates one Of the best, biggest games ever and you complain about 20 seconds every 20 minutes or so. Go away.
#28MosebysRangersPosted 12/8/2011 11:15:06 AM
Loading screen complaints are for the spoiled modern day video gamer. Same goes for complaints about bugs and glitches when most are probably just the because the spoon feeding from the quest arrow didn't show you everthing you had to do to finish quest.
#29Super_Tom(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2011 11:48:13 AM

What I would like to see however..is games that are able to see how much memory a PC has and load more data leaving less loading required if the PC has plenty of internal memory. But I believe the PC version also loads every single area just like the console version.

The PC version does have load screens, but they are much, MUCH faster. We're talking 2-3 seconds here.
---
()
#30Super_Tom(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2011 11:55:54 AM(edited)

Loading screen complaints are for the spoiled modern day video gamer.

LOL. Spoiled how? I hate to be that guy, but I have been gaming since the Acorn Electron (I'm 26), and load times on that were about 2-4 minutes per level. That was in the early 90's, this is 2011, kid (almost 2012). Technology is advancing, and fast. in a few years time, loading times on consoles should be non-existent. So call me what you want, but load times should be a thing of the past when PC's can hold 8+GB of RAM.

EDIT: typo.
---
()