If I'm an Orc, should I join the Imperials or the Stormcloaks?

#1jnightmarePosted 12/10/2011 8:36:30 PM
I have no idea which side to choose. I know the Stormcloaks are fighting for the Nords, but I've killed every Imperial I've seen so far because I hate them.
---
Trollface.jpg
PSN: JPnightmare
#2MMF_LegacyPosted 12/10/2011 8:37:34 PM
Orcs are dumb brutes, and to be honest, they don't care as long as they get to kill something.
#3WstonefiPosted 12/10/2011 8:37:36 PM
Well... if you hate the Imperials, the choice is fairly obvious, no?
#4brisashiPosted 12/10/2011 8:38:14 PM
From an RP standpoint orcs are generally closely tied with the empire.
---
Stop arguing with me, I am clearly the better human.
#5LatronisPosted 12/10/2011 8:39:12 PM
Orcs tend to get along alright with nords though, its not like theres these huge wars between skyrim and the roc stonrgholds
---
Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder.
http://i119.photobucket.com/albums/o160/The_Original_Latronis/33865d18.jpg
#6jnightmare(Topic Creator)Posted 12/10/2011 8:40:38 PM
Okay thanks I was thinking of joining the Stormcloaks anyways!
---
Trollface.jpg
PSN: JPnightmare
#7DeadMeat2KooPosted 12/10/2011 8:41:12 PM(edited)
jnightmare posted...
I have no idea which side to choose. I know the Stormcloaks are fighting for the Nords, but I've killed every Imperial I've seen so far because I hate them.

Definetely go with the Imperials. It's the only logical way to go.
---
"I will stay behind, to gaze at the sun. The sun is such a wonderous body, like a magnificent father! If only I could be so grossly incandescent."
#8SonicTheDrunkenPosted 12/13/2011 1:26:44 PM
It depends, really. I'm roleplaying an Orc who had...a relationship...with a female Imperial back in Cyrodil. He was a blacksmith and decorated warrior in the Imperial Legion, but when his CO found out about the relationship, he had his home burned down, the female still inside. After a few years of searching, he eventually found out who ordered the "accident." He then killed his CO and fled to Skyrim where he was caught at the border. So naturally, he's not a fan of the Empire.

It's all about how you create your character and their back story. I don't like to think of my character as a blank slate at the beginning of Skyrim, they have motives and histories that pre-date their capture at the border.
---
I just surfed a robo Dracula from the moon, so y'alls can take just take it! *middle finger*-Dr. McNinja
#9Burn-the-lightPosted 12/13/2011 1:35:52 PM
Lore wise the Orcs are part of the legion and often join because the Empire immensely respects their skill as smiths and warriors.
---
We walk toward desire, hand in hand through fields of fire, with only love to light the way, on the road to judgement day. - XBL: Burn the light
#10DirtyRollerPosted 12/13/2011 1:39:47 PM
I think an Orc could join either side. The Empire is the more powerful faction and naturally this would appeal to an Orc, but this also makes the Empire the greater opponent and a war hungry Orc would love to take on the big guy.
---
Jolee: "Oh I get it. Play with the old man's balls..."