Most Powerful weapon

#1Bushman1821Posted 12/13/2011 1:44:27 AM
so ive been playing for awhile now (level 36, ~60 hours) and im just wondering if there is a specific weapon that is considered the best? right now im using a glass sword that does 96 dmg and 35 fire damage on top of that. not really having any problems, pretty much running through most enemies in a couple swipes.

im looking for 1 handed, preferably swords, i have 100 in smithing, but i went up the light side so i dont have access to daedric. working on getting my enchanting up, focusing mainly on fire for the addition burn damage, anyone know what the best damage i can look for is?
---
xBox live gamer tag: SIGSAUERSHOOTER
Currently Playing: Skyrim, MW3
#2MalzelPosted 12/13/2011 1:46:20 AM
If you don't have access to Daedric, then Glass I guess. Glass Mace for the most powerful one-handed weapon at your disposal (if you want count total actual damage with enchants).

The most powerful weapon in the game period is a Daedric Warhammer.
#3ZomgbubbleslolPosted 12/13/2011 1:46:48 AM

The most powerful weapon is YOU

#4Dark_ApostatePosted 12/13/2011 1:48:01 AM
Custom made, ultra-upgraded dual enchanted Daedric Sword. Stack smithing/alchemy fortifications with smithing potions as well as the daedric upgrade perk so you can reach maximum damage, exploits not withstanding.

I personally like to enchant one with Absorb Health and Absorb Stamina, so that I instantly heal the tiny scratches I get from dragons, and never run out of stamina for power attacks. Quite nice really.
#5GodSpark127Posted 12/13/2011 1:48:59 AM
Technically the most powerful weapon is Chillrend, but only if you get it at lvl 46+ because it is a leveled item.
---
You're in the topic. Topic is in the forum. Troll is in the forum.
#6charon78auPosted 12/13/2011 1:50:09 AM
Seeing as how you're using glass, go for this:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Chillrend

It has a base (not-smithed) damage 2 points higher than a regular glass sword if you get it at level 46+. At your current level it will be 1 point better.

You can smith it up to be better than what you are currently using if you have the arcane smithing perk.
---
#7Bushman1821(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2011 1:53:58 AM
Dark_Apostate posted...
Custom made, ultra-upgraded dual enchanted Daedric Sword. Stack smithing/alchemy fortifications with smithing potions as well as the daedric upgrade perk so you can reach maximum damage, exploits not withstanding.

wouldnt i want smithing/enchanting fortifications, not smithing and alchemy?
---
#8Bushman1821(Topic Creator)Posted 12/13/2011 1:55:01 AM
charon78au posted...
Seeing as how you're using glass, go for this:

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim:Chillrend

It has a base (not-smithed) damage 2 points higher than a regular glass sword if you get it at level 46+. At your current level it will be 1 point better.

You can smith it up to be better than what you are currently using if you have the arcane smithing perk.

now if i already did this quest line, am i still going to be able to get this sword or no? the house is currently for sale, can i just go in and take it or what?
---
#9Dark_ApostatePosted 12/13/2011 1:55:59 AM
You cannot fortify enchanting, therefore you fortify smithing and alchemy so that you can make a fortify enchanting potion to further fortify smithing and alchemy.
#10MalzelPosted 12/13/2011 1:57:25 AM
Or you can just abuse the Fortify Restoration glitch and do 100 thousand damage per hit.

Buuut you probably don't want to go that far.