Thief Build RULES

#1KimgssPosted 12/14/2011 6:28:44 PM
My first character was an Orc Warrior hack and slash type and I got him up to level 31 and had quite some fun bashing enemies and getting up close to dragons in some epic fights. After that, I read a bit on stealth characters and thought it might be fun to create one even if I didn't think I had it in me to play one, I was always a tank or a mage in RPGs.

Started playing and it was quite compensating to go through whole areas without having to deal with enemies and one-hitting everything, but I was only able to see the full range of my thief today while I was travelling to Windhelm. I passed in front of a cave and got in, quickly noticing it had only trolls as enemies, fiends that could deal some massive damage even to my level 31 Warrior.

Thought I'd give it a try, see if I could sneak behind one and one-hit it. After a couple of reloads and deaths, I saw I could one-hit trolls with a sneak-double-blade-power-attack and started to progress through the dungeon. The moment I saw it, I had gotten through a troll-dungeon with my level 16 character. Thief build definitely rules. Starting to level up my Archery now.
---
If you want to make a game E-rated, make its blood green.
People who got the joke: 3
#2PathlessBulletPosted 12/14/2011 6:29:06 PM
CURVED.

SWORDS.
---
ADD, no. Where is the thread for Fallout OCD players?
"We have to keep it on page 3 or it freaks out."
#3Kimgss(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2011 6:30:14 PM
PathlessBullet posted...
CURVED.

SWORDS.

Have you ever tried mercenary work? It might suit you.
---
#4Negative81Posted 12/14/2011 6:31:20 PM
My "thief" is a pretty awesome "warrior" as well and "mage"
---
MTV, Get off the Air!---Dead Kennedys
#5incinerator950Posted 12/14/2011 6:32:00 PM
You realize Stealth has been an almost game breaking skill for years now in the Elder Scrolls/Fallout lineups?

If you want to try "Best", All round Spell Sword with stealth abilities.
---
With the right sized rocket launcher, you can take out anything. That's my motto. ~genofreek~
#6Kimgss(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2011 6:33:28 PM
Negative81 posted...

How can your thief be a warrior? I mean, if you focus on stealth you should get Light Armor and not get hit EVER so how can you go up front to enemies without dying in seconds?
---
#7KeirshowersPosted 12/14/2011 6:33:33 PM
I agree, Theif builds are fun if not overpowered at times. Try as I might to make a theif build, it always turns into an assassin build. Then I end up using illusion to cast Fury spells left and right and things turn ugly, for them not me. It is fun to do however and I guess that is the whole point.
---
X-Box GameTag = MichaelKeir
#8omniabsencePosted 12/14/2011 6:33:41 PM
My first playthrough was on a 2h warrior. Level 57 I ditched him and made a thief. I'm finding thief a lot more challenging but more fun - Instead of just walking up to stuff and 1 button hitting it until it dies, I find myself having to think and plan every encounter.
#9Kimgss(Topic Creator)Posted 12/14/2011 6:35:09 PM
incinerator950 posted...
You realize Stealth has been an almost game breaking skill for years now in the Elder Scrolls/Fallout lineups?

If you want to try "Best", All round Spell Sword with stealth abilities.

Not really, first TES game I've ever played. You mean stealth with swords and magic? Doesn't dual wielding daggers get you a 15x sneak attack bonus and therefore make swords obsolete?
---
#10Negative81Posted 12/14/2011 6:38:19 PM
kimgss posted...
Negative81 posted...

How can your thief be a warrior? I mean, if you focus on stealth you should get Light Armor and not get hit EVER so how can you go up front to enemies without dying in seconds?

Because Im good at all those things.
---
MTV, Get off the Air!---Dead Kennedys