Lightning Storm + 100% magicka reduction = Awesome!

#1Force59Posted 12/15/2011 4:36:08 PM
I just got Lightning Storm (Master level destruction spell) and when I combine that with my armor that reduces the magicka cost for destruction spells to 0 is awesome! overpowered but still awesome! the only down side is that I can't move when using the spell.
---
May the force be with you.
#2Red_RagnarokPosted 12/15/2011 4:37:18 PM
It's actually a very bad spell. It doesn't stagger foes, it's weak, and it can get interrupted.
---
Gum Drop Demolition!
#3NicodaemosPosted 12/15/2011 4:37:32 PM
Force59 posted...
overpowered but still awesome!

Not really.
---
Until you spread your wings, you'll never know how far you can walk.
GT-- The Baconer
#4PT145Posted 12/15/2011 4:38:07 PM
Personally, I think it takes too long to cast. But it is a cool spell
#5Force59(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2011 4:40:40 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#6Red_RagnarokPosted 12/15/2011 4:42:29 PM

it does 175 points of damage per second. if thats weak then I need to know what the strongest spell is.

175? For me it says 112. Still, anything can interrupt it. An arrow can, a little punch can, a dragon's landing can.
---
Gum Drop Demolition!
#7FinalCrusader95Posted 12/15/2011 4:44:09 PM
...did you abuse the enchant,alchemy loop to create this armor? Also, why would you want armor that breaks the game? Even on master infinite high level destruction is unfair. I hate trolls but by God I hope they swarm this topic if only because I hate people who think that the point of this game is to make items that make you unkillable or unfairly powerful.
---
To all trolls it is "arrow in the knee" not "arrow to the knee"
#8Red_RagnarokPosted 12/15/2011 4:49:05 PM(edited)

...did you abuse the enchant,alchemy loop to create this armor? Also, why would you want armor that breaks the game? Even on master infinite high level destruction is unfair. I hate trolls but by God I hope they swarm this topic if only because I hate people who think that the point of this game is to make items that make you unkillable or unfairly powerful.

No one here is trolling. I have 100% Destruction and Conjuration magicka reduction and can still be easily killed by strong melee opponents, but that's probably because I don't wear armor. The game isn't broken for me. Destruction magic is garbage without fortify 100% anyway. Also, the alchemy loop isn't needed. Only 100 enchanting, all 5 levels of the first enchanting perk, and the Twin Souls enchanting perk are needed.
---
Gum Drop Demolition!
#9NemerlightPosted 12/15/2011 4:48:48 PM
Magic kind of sucks unless you get 100% reduction or put all your points into mana. Also its fun running into the room and seeing enemy corpses fly all over place seconds later. I only use destruction and conjuration so im not sure about other magic schools.
---
Shouldn't you nerds be rolling dice to see who's argument deals more damage? - BigRhinoX
#10Force59(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2011 4:49:06 PM
Red_Ragnarok posted...
it does 175 points of damage per second. if thats weak then I need to know what the strongest spell is.
175? For me it says 112. Still, anything can interrupt it. An arrow can, a little punch can, a dragon's landing can.

I just checked your right it does 112 damage. sorry about that.
---
May the force be with you.