Oghma Infinium Glitch after Patch 1.4

#11fffezPosted 12/15/2011 8:07:38 PM

From: UnstoppableEvil | Posted: 12/15/2011 7:57:15 PM | #009
This is my third character, i still playing my first character WITHOUT using any exploits....Anyway just want to try a gameply using exploits and stuff

Don't worry buddy...the glitch police aren't here...btw, the bookshelf glitch didn't work for me, just the chest one did in the cheats section. Easier in my opinion
#12ShippoyashaPosted 12/15/2011 9:30:07 PM
slothica posted...
I played my first character through leveling each of the skills to 100 manually. I'm not going to do that again, so I'm glad to know the exploit still works.

Agreed. For my second playthrough, I just want to experiment than slave over leveling up manually. Besides, some aspects of combat in this game is kind of unsatisfactory. At least it's not the same thing as the Restoration Potion superpowered exploit.
---
Rest in Peace, my beloved dog and family member 1999-2011
http://www.reddit.com/r/pics/comments/mppi0/can_you_guess_the_gender/
#13UnstoppableEvil(Topic Creator)Posted 12/15/2011 10:37:40 PM
Shippoyasha posted...
slothica posted...
I played my first character through leveling each of the skills to 100 manually. I'm not going to do that again, so I'm glad to know the exploit still works.

Agreed. For my second playthrough, I just want to experiment than slave over leveling up manually. Besides, some aspects of combat in this game is kind of unsatisfactory. At least it's not the same thing as the Restoration Potion superpowered exploit.

I agree to you both :)
#14AntiPerfect20Posted 12/16/2011 9:48:54 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#15AntiPerfect20Posted 12/16/2011 10:09:26 AM(edited)
The bookshelf method does work still. Here's how it works:

1) Have the book in your inventory and go to a bookshelf. (I am using a bookshelf in my house in Windhelm)
2) "Activate Bookshelf" and while the trade menu is open, read the book. Choose what you want to level up.
3) Store the book on the shelf and close your trade menu.
4) While looking at the book on the bookshelf, hit A to read it, but when the option to level up comes up, instead "Do Not Read."
5) Hit A to take the book.
6) Once again, "Activate" the bookshelf, and repeat the steps 1 - 5.

I'm sure this is obvious to some, but no matter how many times I was reading how to do this, I did not realize that the trick was to click A on the physical book itself while it was on the bookshelf, and then "Do Now Read" it. So, I'm hoping this will help clarify for it.

Edit: Also, I just want to note that you will get the "Master" achievement from this method. I just did.

---
http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9484/ndobrev.jpg
#16Rogue MuttPosted 12/16/2011 10:11:32 AM

1) Have the book in your inventory and go to a bookshelf. (I am using a bookshelf in my house in Windhelm)
2) "Activate Bookshelf" and while the trade menu is open, read the book. Choose what you want to level up.
4) While looking at the book on the bookshelf, hit A to read it, but when the option to level up comes up, instead "Do Not Read."

I'm sure this is obvious to some, but no matter how many times I was reading how to do this, I did not realize that the trick was to click A on the physical book itself while it was on the bookshelf, and then "Do Now Read" it. So, I'm hoping this will help clarify for it.

Now I understand why it wasn't working when I tried it yesterday. I thought it had been fixed. Thanks for the clarification!
---
BSG
#17kingofjamaicaPosted 12/16/2011 11:53:11 AM

From: AntiPerfect20 | Posted: 12/16/2011 12:09:26 PM | #015

Edit: Also, I just want to note that you will get the "Master" achievement from this method. I just did.

They should have just left the container glitch in the game. It was so much easier to pull off.
---
At some point, you're going to have to talk to a tree and do what it says. - Arbor Day Rule, Grand List of RPG Cliches.
#18Pure_LionHeartPosted 12/16/2011 12:40:40 PM

They should have just left the container glitch in the game. It was so much easier to pull off.

Indeed.

Just noticed that I don't actually have a save for after using the Oghma Infinium but before putting points in HP,MP, or STA, and now I'm debating whether to care that it's all spread evenly for my new character since I'll have a few quests to do and coin to gather to get my bookshelf. >_<
---
Pure LionHeart - The Prince Of All Saiyans
http://myanimelist.net/profile/PureLionHeart