Best House in Skyrim...

#1Rocthepanther89Posted 12/16/2011 3:37:44 AM

So I'm level 22 and haven't really put much thought in to buying a house, but the farther I go, the more collectibles I come across and I have no where to store it other than my inventory, so I am always sacrificing decent loot for something better. My question is, and money isn't a problem, which is the best house in the game. And by best I mean: 1. Most storage units 2. Most room 3. Best overall looking house 4. Location.

Please give me your opinions so I can start my quest to buy a house.

#2crosswindkrabPosted 12/16/2011 3:40:20 AM
Whiterun. Plenty of containers, central location plenty of merchants and crafting stations.
---
If you can't freeze a turtle, you can't freeze a T-Rex.
#3AndrovinusPosted 12/16/2011 3:42:06 AM
I havent bought a house yet, but i do store my items in certain places. I have a bunch of items stored in closets in Jorvaskrr and The College of Winterhold. I however dont know if they can disappear. I have had them there for over 20 game days.
#4TetrisKingFISHPosted 12/16/2011 3:44:15 AM

crosswindkrab posted...
Whiterun. Plenty of containers, central location plenty of merchants and crafting stations.
---
If you can't freeze a turtle, you can't freeze a T-Rex.

#5DevistroPosted 12/16/2011 3:45:48 AM
Riften house has the best containers/location
---
This is my world, a world filled with monsters. I wished for it.
#6Hold_upPosted 12/16/2011 3:51:22 AM
Overall best looking, with the most storage chests, mannequins, and wall plaques is Proudspire Manor in Solitude. Location wise though, would be, IMO, Breezehome in Whiterun. It's right next door to the blacksmith, and it's like two houses down from the other shops. And when you quick travel to Whiterun you appear fairly close to it.

Proudspire Manor - 25k

Breezehome - 5k

This is with out the upgrades.
---
i punch penguins
#7garfeePosted 12/16/2011 4:28:22 AM
I would say windhelm

Cos it's the only house in over 120 hrs I can't frikkin buy because of quest glitch

All houses have pros n cons

I favor riften tho - I spend a lot of time in riften
#8ssj3bladePosted 12/16/2011 4:31:27 AM
I like the Windhelm house, it's massive and open planned
Markarth house is more corridory, and stoney, but it's also pretty cool.
Whiterun house is way too small, same as the Riften house
Solitude I haven't bought yet.

Just get them all, you can get all of them for free anyway.

---
http://i.imgur.com/CqnIz.png
~ ssj3blade
|| Gamertag = finalfantastica
#9Jeh64Posted 12/16/2011 4:34:19 AM
I like the solitude house
#10LapanuiPosted 12/16/2011 4:35:53 AM
I've only got 2 houses, Breezehome (Whiterun) and Vllinrel Hall (Markarth). Markarth might seem like it's out of the way, but it has plenty of Weapon Racks, an Armor Rack, 3 Bookcases with 3 Shelves each I think. You can buy an Enchantment Room and Alchemy Room.

Breezehome was my first house, mainly because I spent a lot of time in Whiterun due to main story quests, Misc Quests and Companion Quests. I then had a drunken episode with Sam and got sent to Markarth and decided to do a ton of quests in Markarth, bought the house and I spent a lot more time there. Even if I am doing quests in Riften, if my inventory is full, I will fast travel to Markarth and put my stuff in there. If I need to Enchant, drop off to Markarth.
---
Intel i7 930 @ 3.2GHz, Zalman CNPS10X Extreme, EVGA x58 FTW Motherboard, Corsair Dominator 6GB DDR3, EVGA GTX 570, Corsair HX 650W Modular PSU.