Xbox broken or Skyrim broken?

#1WhhatttOKKKPosted 12/17/2011 3:41:34 PM
I just bought a new 360s last month. I have been playing skyrim for about 10 hours, when I noticed that the load times were starting to be very slow. Now when I play it will freeze when I save it. I have also noticed that when I initially turn on my xbox it is very slow to load, and other games are not loading as well. I have tried to delete my memory cache but the xbox will freeze.

Does this sound like a problem with skyrim, or a problem with my xbox? I'm worried that my save files got corrupted and it is affecting my entire hard drive but I am not even sure if that is possible. I have the 4GB xbox so it only has the internal hard drive.
---
Whhhhhhhhatttttt?
http://phoenix.fanster.com/cardinals/files/2009/12/arizona-cardinals-logo.gif
#2mrJLJ66Posted 12/17/2011 3:44:56 PM
if its happening with other games too, id say it's an xbox problem.
---
pacta sunt servanda
Youtube account - http://www.youtube.com/user/mrJLJ66 currently doing a "Let's Play" of TESIV Oblivion
#395_EclipsePosted 12/17/2011 3:49:15 PM
A games saves getting corrupted wont effect other games or even the load times (unless it's an install and only partially currupted or something, which is unlikely), so its something wrong with the 360. 360s have had problems more than any other console, so even though they've improved a lot since release, its still something to expect.

I'd say call MS and see what they have to say about it, maybe by a USB flash drive and back up your saves.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
RIP - DAN WHELDON 1978-2011
#4edog57420Posted 12/17/2011 3:51:17 PM
I'm not a very technical guy when it comes to the inner workings of computers and console systems. As far as I know it could be either case. All I know is that I started a second character last night from scratch, and before I did I mass deleted everything associated with Skyrim from my hard drive, and the load times were cut in half. Not sure how long until they bog down again, but for now everything is quite smooth.

Problems with games other than Skyrim has got to make me think it has something to do with your console though. Hope you have your warranty info. You may need a new system I guess. Dunno.
---
I see said the blind man, as he picked up his hammer and saw.
#5Blitzkrieg182Posted 12/17/2011 3:51:32 PM
WhhatttOKKK posted...
I just bought a new 360s last month. I have been playing skyrim for about 10 hours, when I noticed that the load times were starting to be very slow. Now when I play it will freeze when I save it. I have also noticed that when I initially turn on my xbox it is very slow to load, and other games are not loading as well. I have tried to delete my memory cache but the xbox will freeze.

Does this sound like a problem with skyrim, or a problem with my xbox? I'm worried that my save files got corrupted and it is affecting my entire hard drive but I am not even sure if that is possible. I have the 4GB xbox so it only has the internal hard drive.

def call xbox and even make up a few things going wrong with it so you can get a new one. dont allow them to give you a refurbished one. one month is not at all acceptable for an xbox to be acting up
#695_EclipsePosted 12/17/2011 3:53:24 PM
Actually, depending on when you bought it, (like within 30 days, or maybe even within the 90) you could try just taking it back to whatever store you bought it from.
---
Favorite game to date - Xenogears \/-/-/-/\
RIP - DAN WHELDON 1978-2011
#7WhhatttOKKK(Topic Creator)Posted 12/17/2011 3:57:31 PM
Yes I bought it from gamestop so I am going to have to look up their return policy. The other issue that I have is that I transfered all of my saves from my old xbox onto the internal harddrive of my new xbox, so if I were to return it I would lose all of my saves from other games.
---
Whhhhhhhhatttttt?
#8WhhatttOKKK(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2011 7:44:51 PM
Update: I took my xbox back to Gamestop and they gave me a completely new one because it was within 30 days of buying it. I was surprised that they did the swap because I lost my receipt (just moved, misplaced it in the process), but they were able to look up my info on their computer using the serial number of my xbox. It was really nice of them to replace it because he said that they will usually just refer people to the manufacturer. Thanks Gamestop! Unfortunately because my hard drive continued to crash on me I ended up losing many of my saved games that I had transferred over from my old xbox. I was able to transfer a few over using my transfer cable, but I lost the majority. Overall though I am happy because I got a new xbox and won't have to wait the 2 weeks to get it repaired from Microsoft.

Also, something to be aware of for people using transfer cables on their xbox. On Microsoft's website there is a notice saying they are aware of an issue of 3rd party transfer cables permanently damaging the xbox hard drive. Last week I transferred everything over using the official Microsoft cable so I can't imagine that caused the problem but you never know.
---
Whhhhhhhhatttttt?
#9Foresaken62Posted 12/19/2011 7:33:28 PM
Just bought an XBOX360 and the SKYRIM game today. No more than 10 minutes into the game it froze up on me. I had to cycle the power to get out of the lockup. I've been reading on line that a lot of people are having a lockup/freeze problem. Needless to say I'm disappointed, I'm not happy about paying 60 bucks for a game that has issues right out of the box, regardless of whether its a new/updated game or not, there is no excuse for poor quality control. I think I'll be taking it back and trading it for something else, to bad, I read that its suppose to be a cool game to.