So what order should I do quests in to avoid glitches?

#1Eddy31192Posted 12/18/2011 2:05:59 PM
I've heard that the MQ and Civil War questlines will glitch if you do one before the other, and I have also heard Blood on the Ice is glitchy aswell.
#2GinjurPosted 12/18/2011 2:10:04 PM
Windhelm - Blood on Ice is a good quest to start early on. I start it around level 10-12.

After you done it you can do the imperial Civil War quests and not bug the quest/house to purchase. Atleast that has always work for me.
#3Eddy31192(Topic Creator)Posted 12/18/2011 2:26:48 PM
That sorts that out then but what about Civil War and MQ?
#4GoldenVoidPosted 12/18/2011 2:28:28 PM
There are tons of quests that you must do before you do other things or they will bug out and be incompletable. Too many to mention here. Best idea is to consult the wiki (http://elderscrolls.wikia.com) before embarking on any quest, as it has a list of known bugs for each quest. Some are minor resulting in you not being able to complete the quest, some prevent you from leaving the area you are in ever again, some break your character forever.

One major tip: DO NOT EXPLORE THE WORLD. Many many bugs are caused by the player going through an area *before* a quest formally sends him there. Hence exploring places is the last thing you want to do (pretty awesome for an open world RPG huh?? when you need to advise players not to explore!! lmao). Only go where quests send you.

One questline to totally avoid, from my personal experience, is the line that leads to "No One Escapes from Cidhna Mine" if you finish that quest the normal way, you lose every other as yet unused quest item in your inventory - forever. I was so lucky I noticed this in time, and was able to revert to a save right before I went to the jail. Pretty sure tons of players will have lots key items there without even noticing.
---
Gamer Tag: GhostlightX
#5Jared781Posted 12/18/2011 2:28:35 PM

so far i haven't came across any!! but clearly if they're that common my calculations detect that they will come sooon enough!

#6MelvinrulesPosted 12/18/2011 2:40:11 PM
GoldenVoid posted...
There are tons of quests that you must do before you do other things or they will bug out and be incompletable. Too many to mention here. Best idea is to consult the wiki (http://elderscrolls.wikia.com) before embarking on any quest, as it has a list of known bugs for each quest. Some are minor resulting in you not being able to complete the quest, some prevent you from leaving the area you are in ever again, some break your character forever.

One major tip: DO NOT EXPLORE THE WORLD. Many many bugs are caused by the player going through an area *before* a quest formally sends him there. Hence exploring places is the last thing you want to do (pretty awesome for an open world RPG huh?? when you need to advise players not to explore!! lmao). Only go where quests send you.

One questline to totally avoid, from my personal experience, is the line that leads to "No One Escapes from Cidhna Mine" if you finish that quest the normal way, you lose every other as yet unused quest item in your inventory - forever. I was so lucky I noticed this in time, and was able to revert to a save right before I went to the jail. Pretty sure tons of players will have lots key items there without even noticing.

And this is why the game should NOT win GOTY, how people can sit and justify this being a great game when you can't even play it how it was meant to be played is beyond a joke.
#7Fletcher_HawkesPosted 12/18/2011 2:44:14 PM

GoldenVoid posted...

I disagree. The exploration is what the game is all about, IMO, and the lack of exploration would kill the game for me. Speaking for mysef, I'll explore but won't enter the dungeon or whatever I find MOST of the time until quested to do so