So you think Master in skyrim is difficult?? It's still child play compared to..

#1eugene1222Posted 12/19/2011 2:54:59 PM
Oblivion with the difficulty slider all the way to the right.

Am I being subjective here?

Let the facts speak:

In skyrim, master means that you recieve 2x as much damage, and deal only half the usual to enemies.

In oblivion, the slider all the way right means that you recieve 6x as much damage, and deal only 1/6th of normal to enemies. This means that enemies will be 36x as tough as on normal, and a whooping 1296x as tough as they were with the slider all the way to the left. In skyrim, master is only 4x as tough as adept, and 16x as tough as novice.

So who still thinks master in skyrim is anywhere near hard, when in oblivion even the tutorial dungeon (actually, especially the tutorial dungeon) was an epic 2 hour run with huge fights against demonic rats who kill you in 2 hits?
---
Young master, i cannot aid one who opposes the master.
#2WstonefiPosted 12/19/2011 2:56:03 PM
Came in expecting Dark Souls. If that was your intention, then well played.
#3RasutoSSAikouPosted 12/19/2011 2:56:48 PM
There's a fine line between difficult and cheap.
---
It's not a lake. It's an ocean...
Xbox GT/PSN- Ssur Trebor
#4ChosenFrozenPosted 12/19/2011 2:57:36 PM
The opening dungeon in Skyrim is a bit tough on Master though... but I agree... very soon you can end up pwning even on Master in this game... w/o exploiting
---
75% off all statistics are made up on the spot...
#5akios88Posted 12/19/2011 3:13:50 PM
eugene1222 posted...

So who still thinks master in skyrim is anywhere near hard, when in oblivion even the tutorial dungeon (actually, especially the tutorial dungeon) was an epic 2 hour run with huge fights against demonic rats who kill you in 2 hits?

Just because Skyrim (judging by the stats given in your own post) is not hard relative to Oblivion's difficulty, that does not make it less difficult than people found it before.

If I found a game more difficult than Oblivion with slider all the way to the right, that would not make Oblivion no longer difficult, it would mean that there is a game out there more difficult than Oblivion with slider all the way to the right.
---
"Songs of forks follow you."
#6En Sabah NurPosted 12/19/2011 3:43:28 PM
I find Bethesda games at max difficulty to be impossible. Literally.

I don't have a problem with Dark Souls, Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, etc. but Bethesda's RPGs are ridiculous unless you make a broken character.

If you try to deny this, you're outright lying.
---
Playing: Skyrim, SR3, UMVC3, AC:R, MW3, BF3, Batman, Gears 3, Goldeneye, Dark Souls, Spider-man EoT, El Shaddai, RE4 HD, Crysis, Dead Island, Hunted, Magic 2012
#7eugene1222(Topic Creator)Posted 12/19/2011 3:45:00 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...

I don't have a problem with Dark Souls, Ninja Gaiden, Devil May Cry, etc. but Bethesda's RPGs are ridiculous unless you make a broken character.

Well skyrim seems to have changed that, but any game before I agree (maybe not so much fallout, I could get by somehow on very hard)

And yeah, its because the way you win in skyrim is by outdamaging your enemy, and not a lot of skill is involved.
---
Young master, i cannot aid one who opposes the master.
#8kobra6187Posted 12/19/2011 3:46:22 PM
En Sabah Nur posted...

The only Bethesda RPG that was that ridiculous was Oblivion for the reason TC mentioned. The only way to survive is to use a lot of conjuration, since the damage ratio is still one/one with conjured things in Oblivion.
#9coachrochePosted 12/19/2011 3:47:29 PM

This means that enemies will be 36x as tough as on normal, and a whooping 1296x as tough as they were with the slider all the way to the left. In skyrim, master is only 4x as tough as adept, and 16x as tough as novice.

I hope this isn't seriously how you do math
---
Currently playing:Some AAA title that was just released and everyone is playing, and some other games I'm not actually playing.
#10DeltaZeroPosted 12/19/2011 3:48:41 PM
I still remember my first encounter with a Master mudcrab on Oblivion. No wonder NPCs mention those godly mudcrabs being fiercer than you.

And yes, I turned the difficulty down to normal and never looked back.
---
http://www.xboxgamertag.com/gamercard/xxdelta%20zeroxx/fullnxe/card.png