Will I hit the armor cap in elven armor with ...

#1MrBigStuff11Posted 12/25/2011 12:00:01 AM
Smithing 100
5 points into agile defender
1 point into custom fit
1 point into matching set
+ 50 armor rating from lord stone
25% from ancient knowledge, bug (only supposed to give to dwarven armor but gives to all)
#2dodgefan91Posted 12/25/2011 12:03:24 AM(edited)
math, can you do it?

P.S. I'm tired and don't know. But if you know the percentages on those perks, you should be able to figure it out.
---
GT: TA JKGrizzle
Currently playing MW3, Forza 4, and skyrim.
#3SoronirPosted 12/25/2011 12:06:14 AM
With my last character I ran around Dual-wielding wearing robes and got up around level 40. I wasn't even using alteration shield spells. I had 0 armor rating. And... I was destroying everything.

Never will I waste another perk in the Armor trees. Smithing isn't even necessary, the skill level 100 is fine enough, plus enchantments. Enchanting is where it's at. That and Alchemy. You can just go and make a ton of fortify smithing gear for your armor. Don't even need to hit the cap.
#4kingoftheswordPosted 12/25/2011 12:13:37 AM
Soronir posted...
With my last character I ran around Dual-wielding wearing robes and got up around level 40. I wasn't even using alteration shield spells. I had 0 armor rating. And... I was destroying everything.

Never will I waste another perk in the Armor trees. Smithing isn't even necessary, the skill level 100 is fine enough, plus enchantments. Enchanting is where it's at. That and Alchemy. You can just go and make a ton of fortify smithing gear for your armor. Don't even need to hit the cap.

There is a difference between using magic and armor or melee and armor. With magic you will be killing from a distance, with melee you need armor. And I believe the latest patch stops enchantments going over 100, once they go over 100 it resets back 0 then continues from there
---
Kill one zombie and none of the others notice. Why not kill more and see what happens?
#5MrBigStuff11(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2011 12:13:54 AM
if i new the formula to calculate this then I wouldn't be asking the question.
#6SoronirPosted 12/25/2011 12:21:59 AM
kingofthesword posted...
Soronir posted...

There is a difference between using magic and armor or melee and armor. With magic you will be killing from a distance, with melee you need armor. And I believe the latest patch stops enchantments going over 100, once they go over 100 it resets back 0 then continues from there

I wore the robes because they looked cool. I was dual-wielding melee weapons. Had dual savagery, savage strike, infinite power attacks via vegetable soup, both dual-flurry perks, and elemental force. You can shred any enemy in like a matter of seconds. Most things just can't kill you fast enough.
#7SoronirPosted 12/25/2011 12:23:58 AM
MrBigStuff11 posted...
if i new the formula to calculate this then I wouldn't be asking the question.

http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Skyrim_talk:Smithing

I was reading through this looking for your answer lol. Couldn't find a simple way to do the math but what I've gathered indicates that you can hit the armor cap with any* outfit. Even Hide.

You should be all set.
#8MrBigStuff11(Topic Creator)Posted 12/25/2011 8:00:21 AM
bump
#9hauntbotPosted 12/25/2011 8:03:17 AM
if you can get a perk to double the upgrade effectiveness, you can usually save on 1 or more levels of agile defender/juggernaut.
---
NV 4 LYFE!!!1111(not changing dis sig until fo4 comes out.... or my a.d.d. distracts me & i sig something stupid)