Why is restoration so absurdly slow

#1hoax123Posted 12/29/2011 11:57:34 AM
It was a pain in Oblivion, and its still a pain in this game. Unless you use money to buy training, you will likely NEVER reach 100, unless you find some way to grind it for a few days. Normal healing is so slow, that even while standing in the frost storm on the throat of world, constantly healing, it will take ages to level it up. Turn undead is supposed to be the fastest way to level it, lets be honest, even that takes forever.
So, the only real way of leveling this skill is to buy from a trainer.
---
Finally. Mars has accepted my sacrifices and unleashes me. - Legate Lanius
#2MuuzPosted 12/29/2011 12:00:03 PM
Lets not make this an age of instant gratification okay? Either play the game normally and buy the skill points from the trainer, or use one of the faster methods to raise it.

It didn't take me long at all to go from 26 to 100 with the ice storm method. One hand had Healing and the other had Fast Healing. Worked wonders.
---
"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." - Buddha
#3OMGKennyPosted 12/29/2011 12:00:35 PM
For me I trained it at the same time I trained my 1Handed and my Archery. When you do it that way it doesn`t seem as slow. It`s now at 100.
---
PSN/GT: OhSnapImAsian
#4Ch3wyPosted 12/29/2011 12:03:23 PM

Lets not make this an age of instant gratification okay? Either play the game normally and buy the skill points from the trainer, or use one of the faster methods to raise it.

It didn't take me long at all to go from 26 to 100 with the ice storm method. One hand had Healing and the other had Fast Healing. Worked wonders.

You're criticizing the TC for saying it levels up too slow, but you use a sort of exploit in order to level yours?

Ok...
---
"...there is tons of life in poop" - Geist
#5xGenocidestPosted 12/29/2011 12:03:42 PM
Get shadowmere and as much - cost reduction as you can get.

Spam fire or an attack, and heal him with the other hand. Did this to level it a bit while I watched TV.
#6hoax123(Topic Creator)Posted 12/29/2011 12:04:14 PM
Muuz posted...

How "long" is long for you then?
---
Finally. Mars has accepted my sacrifices and unleashes me. - Legate Lanius
#7PotentialCyborgPosted 12/29/2011 12:05:55 PM
There is a spell called equilibrium which changes hp to magicka.
I put healing in the right hand and equilibrium in the left, equip an item which raises health regeneration so I don't die and tape down the trigger buttons.
#8MosebysRangersPosted 12/29/2011 12:07:34 PM
TC;

Hear ya. Only thing I do when I can remember to do it is when you find fire traps, etc is stand in them take damage, heal and repeat.
#9MuuzPosted 12/29/2011 12:08:42 PM
Ch3wy posted...

You're criticizing the TC for saying it levels up too slow, but you use a sort of exploit in order to level yours?

Ok...

Yes, on one file, I did do that. On my current one, I am not.

TC also complained about it being too slow even with the 'exploit' which is why I mentioned it.
---
"Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth." - Buddha
#10gamesage53Posted 12/29/2011 12:09:54 PM
Ch3wy posted...

Ok...

From what I can understand just by reading this is that the TC was doing the same method and found it to be too slow. So that would mean the TC is saying that an exploit is too slow
---
PSN: gamesage53
Tell me you're from here and the board you were on so I know to add you