Nord Assassin?

#1BladescorpionPosted 1/3/2012 6:49:14 AM
So the higher ups in the storm cloaks seem douchey towards my breton Spellsword when I asked to join up so I am tempted to join imperials despite the fact is can be sympathetic with them.

Would a nord assassin build well? daggers, sneak, archery, conjure, illusion, enchanting, smithing . The frost resistance seems nice, but doubt I would use the extra 2 hand points. Would like to get the other faction on a future play through should I go imperial.
---
Posted from my iPad/iPhone. Forgive spelling issues.
#2daveliciousPosted 1/3/2012 6:53:47 AM
Why would you want to side with the stormcloaks anyway? Ulfric is a selfish terrorist who cares more about power than about protecting nord tradition.
---
PSN: Davelicious GT: Davelicious46
NEW SETUP: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/Davelicious406/DSC02294.jpg
#3irethkatPosted 1/3/2012 6:54:51 AM
I play a Nord assassin/thief build, it works out quite well. Race really doesn't matter that much really.
---
~^.^~
#4jcrr11Posted 1/3/2012 6:57:51 AM
Khajiit assassin FTW

Bonus to sneak + nighteye are very good starting point for an assassin.

And we're the master race...

I'm now playing a female one named HelloKitty the Lion-tamer, yup married to Mjoll.
#5Werewolf by NightPosted 1/3/2012 7:00:30 AM
davelicious posted...
Why would you want to side with the stormcloaks anyway? Ulfric is a selfish terrorist who cares more about power than about protecting nord tradition.

lies and slander.
---
the sky above the port was the color of television, tuned to a dead channel.
#6StonedwolfedPosted 1/3/2012 8:22:27 AM
davelicious posted...

So what? You shouldn't side with the Stormcloaks because of some personal fetishisation of Ulric. You should be siding with the Stormcloaks because the Imperials kill anyone who worships Talos. The Stormcloak leadership might be rubbish, but that's for the Nords to sort out between themselves at a later date.

And it's not that unreasonable for Ulric to be racially angry at the Elves given some Elves are clearly in the process of trying to make the Nords as they are extinct.
---
Your god was nailed to a plank of wood and died. My god wields a magic hammer called Mjolnir.
#7StonedwolfedPosted 1/3/2012 8:24:27 AM
irethkat posted...
I play a Nord assassin/thief build, it works out quite well. Race really doesn't matter that much really.

One of the best things about this game is how the races give you "understandable" benefits but unlike Oblivion are not so stupidly divergent as to pretty much force a racial choices for a class build.
---
Your god was nailed to a plank of wood and died. My god wields a magic hammer called Mjolnir.
#8daveliciousPosted 1/3/2012 8:29:24 AM

So what? You shouldn't side with the Stormcloaks because of some personal fetishisation of Ulric. You should be siding with the Stormcloaks because the Imperials kill anyone who worships Talos. The Stormcloak leadership might be rubbish, but that's for the Nords to sort out between themselves at a later date.

And it's not that unreasonable for Ulric to be racially angry at the Elves given some Elves are clearly in the process of trying to make the Nords as they are extinct.

The imperials don't kill anyone who worships talos... that's the thalmor... and don't forget... 'what the stormcloaks don't realize... is that the Empire is the only thing keeping the aldmeri dominion out of skyrim'

The best chance for the thalmor to be defeated is for a unified empire to fight against them... if Skyrim were independent, the thalmor would soon invade and turn skyrim into a province of the aldmeri dominion.
---
PSN: Davelicious GT: Davelicious46
NEW SETUP: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/Davelicious406/DSC02294.jpg
#9Bladescorpion(Topic Creator)Posted 1/3/2012 8:42:17 AM(edited)
davelicious posted...

Religious freedom and culture are two things worth fighting for.

They probably just made him hate non nords just to balance out the good and evil on the side.

Imperial soldiers were willing to execute you for no reason, except for guilty by association with a nord. Since his group believes nords are superior, why would they try to execute a non Nord?

Kinda balances out the scheme.

Empire = corrupt.
Storm cloaks = prefer nord only.

There would be no reason to side with empire, other than unification against thalmor, if there was not a biased ideals on storm cloaks.
---
Posted from my iPad/iPhone. Forgive spelling issues.
#10WstonefiPosted 1/3/2012 11:33:17 AM
If you side with the Stormcloaks, Ulfric becomes High King at the end. For me, that's enough reason to side with the Imperials.