Elder Knowledge main quest help!!!! (Glitch?) Spoilers....

#1DJackson91Posted 1/6/2012 8:05:45 AM
So I'm 80 hours into this game, done all of the daedric quests, tonnes of side quests etc... thought I'd make a start on main quest but there's a glitch that won't let me progress.

I need to talk to Urag gro-Shub (in College of Winterhold) for the quest to continue (finding an elder scroll) but there's no option, only to talk about him taking his job seriously and the option to buy or sell.

Apparently if you did the quest 'Discerning the Transmundance' previously this quest is impossible to complete? Is this true? I'd really like to continue on this playthrough and not start again.

So please help! Any advice is appreciated!!! Thanks
---
XBOX360: D33J91 (Feel free to add)
"The average cognitive ability of the CoD community is comparable to an orangutan"- SnD4Dummies
#2Gray_wolf1119Posted 1/6/2012 8:08:43 AM
if you did the quest discerning the transmundane you already have access to the elder scroll. go to the great lift at mzark and you should be connected to the chamber where the elder scroll is and you should still have the runed lexicon.
---
GT: Fang1192
#3daveliciousPosted 1/6/2012 8:09:27 AM
If you've already done discerning the transmundane... you should already have the elder scroll in your posession...

Just take it to paarthurnax and tell him you have it.
---
PSN: Davelicious GT: Davelicious46
NEW SETUP: http://i231.photobucket.com/albums/ee174/Davelicious406/DSC02294.jpg
#4DJackson91(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2012 8:09:53 AM
Sorry I'm not quite catching what you mean. I've definately done the quest as I remember doing it, so I need to go back there?
---
"The average cognitive ability of the CoD community is comparable to an orangutan"- SnD4Dummies
#5WynnSilvergazePosted 1/6/2012 8:11:02 AM
u shud have the scroll if u did that daedric quest. just open it at throat of the world to continue.

im assuming u were asked to get it by the dragon to learn dragonrend, since i cant remember any other place sum1 asks 4 it.

if u forgot to get the scroll after transcribing the lexicon, just go back and get it. shud still be there in the crystal.
---
I may look calm...but in my head I've killed you 3 times
http://oi51.tinypic.com/118eyp1.jpg <--if CoD was like D&D
#6DJackson91(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2012 8:12:04 AM
OK 'm not sure if I have the scroll, was ages ago I did the mission. Where can I find the tower again? Thanks in advance
---
#7WynnSilvergazePosted 1/6/2012 8:13:17 AM
tower of mzark by winterhold. to the left-ish.
---
I may look calm...but in my head I've killed you 3 times
http://oi51.tinypic.com/118eyp1.jpg <--if CoD was like D&D
#8DJackson91(Topic Creator)Posted 1/6/2012 8:14:15 AM
Ahhhh you guys are legends!!!! Went back to the tower, grabbed the scroll, and the quest and achievement popped confirming it!

Thanks to everyone, was losing my mind!!!

(P.S does anyone on this topic have Dead Island for the PS3?)
---