how can i get a lot of petty filled soul gems?

#1makavizzlePosted 1/7/2012 11:15:49 AM
im making a bunch of iron daggers then enchanting them with petty soul gems to sell them, profit, level up blacksmith/enchanting, you get the point lol. im in white run going back and forth between the sky forge and the arcane enchanter/vendor in the palace. he had only 2 petty soul gems though..so..any suggestions?
#2brawl4funPosted 1/7/2012 11:17:11 AM
The College of Winterhold. Every vendor there will have their own stock so it's the best place to buy soul gems from.
---
The official Odahvinng of the Skyrim boards. (360)
#3Au5t1nPosted 1/7/2012 11:21:04 AM
Buy a bunch, whether it be filled or empty. Soul trap mudcraps or other simple creatures. Profit.
#4angrysmokerPosted 1/7/2012 11:21:45 AM
Get a lot of unfilled petty soul gems, give all those petty (or/and lesser, common) gems and a soul trap weapon to follower and have them attack a mudcrab. That usually fills the bunch with petty souls.

If you're looking for soul gems, go to dwarven ruins. The mechanical things seem to carry them a lot.
---
"We believe what we want to believe. It's all we ever do."
#5makavizzle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2012 11:23:47 AM
ive only seen two mudcrabs so far in my playthrough :( lol thanks guys
#6SentanaPosted 1/7/2012 11:25:55 AM
Horkers on the northern coastlines. They are super slow.

Mudcrabs along rivers and even itty bitty streams. Also slow.

Deers and elks in the Whiterun plains. Not slow, requires more stealth .... but sometimes you get lucky where they won't notice you.

With my soul trap hunting bow, I did a clockwise pattern of hitting all my hunting grounds. Real easy and fun stuff.

Or wait 48 hours at the College for the 4 mage teachers in the Hall of Contenance to restock.
#7brawl4funPosted 1/7/2012 11:36:11 AM
makavizzle posted...
ive only seen two mudcrabs so far in my playthrough :( lol thanks guys

Ya, their numbers have decreased since 200 years ago in Cyrodil lol.
---
The official Odahvinng of the Skyrim boards. (360)
#8makavizzle(Topic Creator)Posted 1/7/2012 11:36:35 AM
how can i find a weapon that has soul trap on it? is it just random when you check a vendor's stock?
#9NextGen_TBPosted 1/7/2012 11:38:38 AM
makavizzle posted...
how can i find a weapon that has soul trap on it? is it just random when you check a vendor's stock?

Pretty much, or you can enchant your own.
---
It's better than logic, it's Nintendo Logic!
"Well then, I extend my reluctant thanks to you in a gesture of obligatory gratitude." - Scrapper
#10SentanaPosted 1/8/2012 5:35:41 PM
NextGen_TB posted...
makavizzle posted...

Pretty much, or you can enchant your own.

He still has to find an enchanted weapon with soul trap first, then disenchant and then enchant his own weapon. IMO this is a bunch of bologna. I'm so mad with this system. Hey so how is that other RPG game ...... 'Dark Souls'?