Forsworn Briarhearts as Dead Thralls

#1Gunner_ClivePosted 1/8/2012 8:26:59 AM
So my brother was able to dead thrall a caster-type Briarheart while doing Mehrune's quest(he's level 27 btw). Once he levels up higher is he screwed from being able to dead thrall that Briarheart should it die? I assume it would "be too powerful" for Dead Thrall once his Dovahkiin levels up a bit more.
#2Gunner_Clive(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2012 8:39:51 AM
Bumping.
#3osucarpPosted 1/8/2012 9:03:54 AM
When the Briarheart dies it turns to ash so you can't use Dead Thrall on it again.
---
XBOX GT: Dr Balzac
#4ddrakinsonPosted 1/8/2012 9:11:34 AM
Just be careful where you leave him when he dies. Some dead thralls have a nasty habit of respawning in the same place where they died.
#5Zero IXPosted 1/8/2012 9:54:08 AM
Anyone ever noticed how Briarheart dual-wielding power attacks seem to do multiplicative damage? Even with a huge amount of health and armor, I seem to die in a few hits. I assumed they were glitched. Never thought about Dead Thralling one before, but it's probably a really good idea... I also assume now at level 70 I'm wayyy past the lvl. 50 cap for Dead Thrall or whatever?
---
"An Incandescent Revelation in a World of Darkened Forms"
The bird of Hermes is my name, eating my wings to make me tame
#6Gunner_Clive(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2012 10:07:17 AM
osucarp posted...
When the Briarheart dies it turns to ash so you can't use Dead Thrall on it again.

No it doesn't. It only turns to ash if you reanimated it using the temporary conjuration spells like Revenant.
#7Gunner_Clive(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2012 10:09:44 AM
Zero IX posted...
Anyone ever noticed how Briarheart dual-wielding power attacks seem to do multiplicative damage? Even with a huge amount of health and armor, I seem to die in a few hits. I assumed they were glitched. Never thought about Dead Thralling one before, but it's probably a really good idea... I also assume now at level 70 I'm wayyy past the lvl. 50 cap for Dead Thrall or whatever?

Yeah you are. On my main character I was about level 40 when I got Dead Thrall. Tried casting it on a Briarheart, said it was too powerful to be reanimated. If my brother levels up to 40 or 50 and can still Dead Thrall his Briarheart should it die, then I might just make a new character just so I can have a posse of Briarhearts.