[MAJOR Spoilers] Best DEAD THRALLS of Skyrim: Who's your co-pilot(s)? (v. 2)

#91twilightjawaPosted 1/9/2012 10:05:14 PM
Well, I was also wrong about the renaming of the gear, haha. It must've been a one time glitch for me or something.

The enchantments are working for me now with renamed gear, so nothing to worry about there
#92twilightjawaPosted 1/9/2012 11:00:40 PM
Alright, I've finally figured it out I think.

Ok so the first time your thrall equips the enchanted items the enchantments are applied, but if it ever dies and you have to reanimate it the enchantments will not take affect even though the gear is equipped.

The fix is simple, whenever your thrall dies take the enchanted gear off of it then reanimate and allow it to re-equip the gear. This will cause the enchantments to work until the next time the thrall dies.

If anyone else can confirm this in the console as well I'd appreciate it.
#93Lymon23Posted 1/10/2012 8:22:47 AM
Dead Thrall Glitches and how to fix:

Glitch: Dead thrall only use block, and close range combat. It doesnt cast or use bow/arrows.
Fix: kill it, unequip all gears and put it back on to them. And thrall them again. Make sure you don't give them 2-3 swords or they will get confuse on which weapon to use. This especially happen to caster warriors. Aka Vampires...

Glitch: Dead thrall stood still and doesn't move or cast.
Fix: bring dead thrall to a cave/dungeon leave the body there or turn it into ashes. Go home and rest for 7-8 days. Cell reset, your thrall will come back to life and fight. If it fight but it stop, player just need to stand closer or next to it and let Dremora lord hack them until they fight back.

Glitch: Dead thrall disappear.
Fix: wait 1 hour in game. If he still doesn't show up, check if it's reanimated status still on your active effects. If it's not, retrace back your track. They usually die when you enter new area.

Glitch: dead thrall during combat causes them to not use offensive skills and only defensive skills
Fix: loot all items before thralling them.
#94tcain99Posted 1/10/2012 9:04:28 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#95tcain99Posted 1/10/2012 9:48:28 AM(edited)
***********************************************************************Lymon23 posted...
I am now testing a super glitch that might allow us to possibly thrall at any lvl. If it work I will update and let you guys know. So in theory of Alchemy restoration glitch, if we are to make a fort. Restoration with 10000%, drink it and then purchase the perk. In theory it should also boast our stats/skills according to perks 10000% and since we can't undo it, it might be permanent. Therefore drinking the potion before purchasing necromage perks might allow us to thrall humanoid at any lvls. This might also work for all perks.***********************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

try a potion of less than 2000% and see if it works and maybe instead of dread zombie the ritual stone might be affected and then they wont turn to ash im going to try it cause i love the werewolf corpses
---
its the nice guys you gotta watch out for=
theyre like valcanoes waiting to blow
#96mmezzetta(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2012 11:51:29 AM
Okay well I got some news for Forsworn Briarheart dead thralls.

I found two Briarheart Level 38 characters (one mage and one berserker) at high levels, so others should test this to confirm. There is a problem for me though which I will explain later.

The level 38 mage is at Lost Valley Redoubt. There are two briarhearts there, it is the first one you encounter. The second one is raised by two Hagraven, but he is level 51.

The level 38 berserker is found at Serpent's Bluff Redoubt. He is outside in the camp with the other Forsworn.

The one I wanted to keep was the berserker and I dead thralled him at an earlier level but he vanished while being stored in my house. Here is my problem and I hope masterpug or someone else could help me out. Somewhile after he vanished, I re-visted Serpent's Bluff to dead thrall him again, but while the other Forsworn were there, he was not. I thought maybe because I had him dead thralled while the camp got repopulated, so I tried waiting 10 days while the camp got repopulated again, but once again no Briarheart. So is he lost forever? This sucks.
#97RikiazPosted 1/10/2012 11:58:06 AM
mmezzetta posted...

I found two Briarheart Level 38 characters (one mage and one berserker) at high levels, so others should test this to confirm. There is a problem for me though which I will explain later.

The level 38 mage is at Lost Valley Redoubt. There are two briarhearts there, it is the first one you encounter. The second one is raised by two Hagraven, but he is level 51.

The level 38 berserker is found at Serpent's Bluff Redoubt. He is outside in the camp with the other Forsworn.

The one I wanted to keep was the berserker and I dead thralled him at an earlier level but he vanished while being stored in my house. Here is my problem and I hope masterpug or someone else could help me out. Somewhile after he vanished, I re-visted Serpent's Bluff to dead thrall him again, but while the other Forsworn were there, he was not. I thought maybe because I had him dead thralled while the camp got repopulated, so I tried waiting 10 days while the camp got repopulated again, but once again no Briarheart. So is he lost forever? This sucks.

He very well could be gone. Which is odd because he should have respawned in your house where his dead body was.
---
In death lays ecstasy, in undeath lays immortality
#98Gunner_ClivePosted 1/10/2012 12:02:06 PM
mmezzetta posted...

Is your Dovahkiin a werewolf? If so, try transforming to shake off any Reanimate Thralls under Magic effects you may have, then try waiting again. I'm not entirely sure that it will help in your case though mmezzetta. I'll check out Lost Valley and Serpent's Bluff later when I wake up to see if I can thrall any Briarhearts there.
#99mmezzetta(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2012 12:07:53 PM
Hey Gunner_Clive, actually my character is a vampire if that matters, but I doubt it.

BTW Rikiaz_SnD, the reason why he disappeared in my house is because I am using 1.3 and respawners such as a Briarhearts will disappear in your house if you don't visit the house within one day.
#100masterpug53Posted 1/10/2012 12:34:43 PM(edited)
mmezzetta posted...
Hey Gunner_Clive, actually my character is a vampire if that matters, but I doubt it.

BTW Rikiaz_SnD, the reason why he disappeared in my house is because I am using 1.3 and respawners such as a Briarhearts will disappear in your house if you don't visit the house within one day.

But be aware that, while 1.3 removes the actual corpses after a day, it still keeps placeholders for respawning NPCs on the spot where they died, so if you're away from the house long enough, the enemy will respawn where you left it rather than its original spawn point.

Also mmezzetta, as far as the levels of these Briarhearts goes, did you happen to have visited Lost Valley Redoubt at an earlier level, or was this the first time? Certain dungeons can 'fix' the levels of the enemies within the first time you visit.
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.