New skills in DLC?

#1colemanmarkdPosted 1/10/2012 2:05:16 AM
Slim chance I know. Here's what I'd like to see anyway.

Athletics skill

passive perks:
run faster,
jump farther and higher,
swim faster,
hold breath longer

perk abilities:
able to jump while sprinting for added distance,
able to attack while jumping,
able to attack while swimming,
able to perform evasive rolls by holding block and jumping in direction of roll

by adding skills in DLC the level cap would be raised as well. sounds good to me.
---
Ignorance can be cured with knowledge; stupidity can only be cured with a bullet to the head.
#2ArjuntaPosted 1/10/2012 2:10:27 AM
Part of getting rid of particular abilities (athletics included) was to get rid of some of the grind. Having athletics as a skill meant people would be driven to maxxing it out and that was boring.

I would want to see all-new skills which makes even less likely that they would introduce them. And considering the chance was already nil, doesnt look good.
---
The King of Mediocrity
#3colemanmarkd(Topic Creator)Posted 1/10/2012 2:15:46 AM
Yeah. I figured it wouldnt be so grind heavy by combining acrobatics and athletics. Also maybe jump attacks and underwater attacks would raise it.

I just hate not being able to attack underwater.
---
Ignorance can be cured with knowledge; stupidity can only be cured with a bullet to the head.
#4YourFavElfDobbyPosted 1/10/2012 2:40:33 AM
Athletics in oblivion/Morrowind scaled nicely with you. I don't see why anyone would grind it unless you want a max level character from the start. In which case Beth shouldn't care!
---
Pro-Choice is just another way of saying Anti-Life.
#5OrgeLambartPosted 1/10/2012 2:42:36 AM
remove major features of a game, then bring them back in DLC.

Don't think that would be very smart on Bethesta part. If anything I think we'll see our skill caps get raised to enable us to get higher levels. Probably some additional perks to go along with it.
#6MC LinkPosted 1/10/2012 3:24:19 AM
Orge Lambart13 posted...
remove major features of a game, then bring them back in DLC.

Don't think that would be very smart on Bethesta part.

Why not? Everybody else does it!! ;)
---
*/******\/*****\*C Link : L0Z KNOWS ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
{___(\__/)___} "MC, you like rape too much...."-Zero_Maniac
#7thebobevilPosted 1/10/2012 4:01:38 AM(edited)
We wont get new skills or spell effects in DLC.

All we might get are some more shouts ... and that's a maybe, at best.

We'll get new locations ... an island, another dimension, a huge underground location ... stuff like that ... nowhere from another province or continent though ...

We'll get new gear, new quests and meet some new NPCs.
---
I'm not sure which aspect of getting older hits me harder ... finding out that someone my age has died, or finding out that someone my age is a grandparent.
#8KagemunchinPosted 1/10/2012 4:01:24 AM
The strong asset of the Elder Scrolls is the world where we can do things.
So I would bet that every DLC will be to add more exploring zones, and some little new things such as few items and maybe spells/shouts.

If a DLC is as massive as they claim, I do not think they will change game mechanics or level cap, they will add a HUGE new zone, with lots of quests, lots of NPC, items and new monsters.
#9SuibomPosted 1/10/2012 4:06:31 AM
Hand-To-Hand skill tree.
---
"If grace is an ocean, we're all sinking."
#10thebobevilPosted 1/10/2012 4:09:33 AM(edited)
Kagemunchin posted...

If a DLC is as massive as they claim

Developers lie.

You can thank Molyneux for that.

Each piece of DLC will be a location, some quests, some gear and some NPCs.

All of those pieces will be the same size as the Fallout 3 DLC pieces or smaller.

All the pieces will be out before November, when they will drop the GOTY Edition.

Yes, there will be no changes to mechanics.

Don't expect spell effects, enchant effects, new weapon types, or anything like that.

Suibom posted...
Hand-To-Hand skill tree.

Sadly, it wont happen.

---
I'm not sure which aspect of getting older hits me harder ... finding out that someone my age has died, or finding out that someone my age is a grandparent.