Riften Skooma Quest

#1RogerioFMPosted 1/18/2012 6:41:41 AM

Is it broken? The Jarl sends me to a cave that I visited before and after I kill the bandits, nothing happens.

#2VexNoFacePosted 1/18/2012 6:42:40 AM
Did you get the last guy in the secret room?
---
If you're 25 or older and want a group of relaxed adults to play BF3 with, pm me
#3BigRobb2389Posted 1/18/2012 6:47:01 AM
Is it spawning 3 or 7 bandits when you go to cragslane?

If its only spawning 3 then you have to go back their 3 times, waiting for it to respawn each time because to finish the quest you have to kill 7 people in the cave.
---
http://www.last.fm/user/BigRobb/
#4RogerioFM(Topic Creator)Posted 1/18/2012 8:26:22 AM

Christ, I know what happened, I visited the place before the quest and Killed everyone. Now there are only 3. Damn Beth screwing with exploration, I will only visit places during quests and seaching for  shouts.

#5masterpug53Posted 1/18/2012 8:31:09 AM
Yes, this is one of the more notorious bugs in the game, as it will hit you if you clear out Cragslane Cave before accepting the Skooma Den quest. Happened on my second character (and my first, though I didn't get far enough on that one to notice).

Compelled me to eventually start a new character; irony being that on my third character Blood on the Ice finally bugged out. Guess the game has something against property monopolies : /
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.
#6RampagingwalrusPosted 1/18/2012 8:34:41 AM
RogerioFM posted...
I will only visit places during quests and seaching for shouts.

Yeah, never go anywhere unless specifically told to go there.
Also, make sure not to actually pick up anything that looks like it may be special.
Unless you were told to do so.
As doing so may break future quests.
---
Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.
#7Safer_777Posted 1/18/2012 9:15:47 AM
So in a game that is all about exploring,you are telling you should not explore then?
---
GameFaqs is NOT the place to go for relationship advice.Nobody here gets any action unless it is their right or left hand.Including me.~Dawn and Dusk~
#8masterpug53Posted 1/18/2012 9:50:22 AM(edited)
Safer Sephiroth 777 posted...
So in a game that is all about exploring,you are telling you should not explore then?

Unfortunately yes; in it's vanilla state, Skyrim has a high likelihood of punishing you for the nerve of unknowingly wandering into the wrong dungeon at the wrong time. Either you...

1) explore prior to questing and more than likely get slapped with moderate-to-game-breaking bugs

2) burn through all the questlines before you even think about exploring

3) subject yourself to spoilers by reading up on the wiki article of every dungeon you encounter before you actually go in it.

4) Do step 1, experience as many glitches as you can firsthand, and start a new playthrough armed with some precious prior knowledge.
---
Simple questions deserve long-winded answers that no one will bother to read.